some advice for preparing CR-1 interview?

Hi

sorry to be pain of the neck. I am sure this question has been asked many times. but i still would like to be certain for the CR-1 case, what required documents and suppporting documents that one should prepare for his interview. i have observed a lot of successful CR-1s on this forum lately. would someone please share some of their sucessful expereince in preparing documents for their interviews?

many many thanks

felix

What I had when we went for the CR1/CR2 was all the notorized documents that you sent copies of with your I-130. I also made sure we had the notoried copy of permission from her EX-husband to bring our son. I had an updated I-864 and an employer letter that wasnt over 30 days old. I had my up to date Tax Return and W-2. Plus you need all the proof of relationship Pictures, E-mails, Phone records, a Notorized Copy of your Passport if your not going to be there for the interview.

A word to the wise: if you plan on bringing a child to America along with the SO, please file an I-130 for them when you do your SO's. It will save you alot of headaches later

Ying has decided to leave her son with her parents for about a year so we can set up our household and have some bonding time.

When we start the process of bringing him here, I was wondering about her EX. Ying has sole custody of him and Ying says that he really wants nothing to do with him. So I am wondering if she has to get his permission if she has sole custody?

Good stuff right here. Thanks Bob.

Richard if you go to the consulate's web site in the section for immigrant visa applications and FAQ's I think it was, and the list there is pretty accurate for what we recieved actually.

Here's what it says

The Appointment packet includes:

1. Appointment letter (packet 4) in English

2. Appointment letter (packet 4) in Chinese

3. Appointment letter for immigrant visa applications (OF-171)

4. Application for immigrant visa and alien registration (DS-230 part II)

5. Family composition sheet (GIV-24)

6. Medical examination instructions (GIV-8)

7. Medical examination for immigrant or refugee applicant (DS-2053)

8. Chest X-ray and classification worksheet (DS-3024)

9. Vaccination documentation workseet (DS-3025)

10. Medical history and physical examination workseet (DS-3026)

11. Important notice to immigrant visa applicants concerning vaccination requirements

She should be able to do the shots and physical at any of the approved places on the list. Also, if she goes to a travel exam hospital, she might be able to do the vaccinations spread out over a few days.  Just make sure she gets a yellow book detailing what she had.

Also, after she gets the visa she needs to go and get a traveler's certificate of health.  Brown book, put out by the China government, I think It's a PRC requirement not a US one, don't have to have it for the interview, but need it after she recieves the visa and before she leaves.  I have to have the same book for my PRC residence visa.

FAQ's page is:  http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho.../iv/gzfaqs.html

Bob