AOS biometric finger printing fee

Any updates for those who didnot have to pay for the fingerprinting fee?

A previous post on returned letters stating "overpaid" have me wondering

I am about to send my AOS in tomorrow and was just curious

I was planning to include the fee in a separate check. Unless somebody knows a link where its states "not requried for K1"???

For I-485 and I-765 I used a money order. But for the fingerprint fee I was going to submit a personal check. Anybody know if personal checks OK to submit to USCIS?

thanks in advance

We walked in our AOS filing to the Local Service Center. Luckily we got an appointment on the last day for hand delivered filings. We had to pay the $70 extra for the fingerprints.

For the I-485, the fingerprints, and the I-765, I wrote a check for $560 at the cashier's window when we picked up the appointment letters for the fingerprints and the AOS interview.

We had a big run-around with the finger print fee.

- I submitted I-485 et al with no extra amount ($70) for finger printing

- Got letter saying I had to pay the extra $70. The letter said "There is a $70 fee for finger printing for all applicants, except for K-1 visa based applicants whom not need to pay the fingerprint fee." That part about K-1 visa based applicants not needing to pay was highlighted in yellow.

- I wrote them back saying that we didn't need to pay the $70 because Juxin is a K-1 visa based applicant, and I pointed out that their own instruction sheet said K-1 did not need to pay.

- Got a second letter saying that the AOS process cannot go forward until the $70 fee is paid.

- I got a $70 postal money order and sent it to them

- We went in last Saturday and got her finger prints taken

Haven't heard anything back from them yet.

Jim I'm confused so does that mean we need to pay or not. It seemed the instructions were clear but then maybe not.

That's a very good question! Nobody knows and there is no clear answer!

Turtle and I are in nearly the same situation (visa wise and time wise), although they live in Seattle.

He DID pay the fee the first time and he got a letter back saying he overpayed and that they won't process the I-485 until he takes his money back.

I DID NOT pay the fee the first time and I got a letter back saying I underpaid and that they won't process the I-485 until I give them the extra money.

I'm convinced of two things:

1) The Feds are clowns and are as unorganized as you and me

2) The Feds refuse to process a I-485 without some kind of annoying run-around

I just sent it all in, including a $70 check for biometrics. Actually I sent individual checks for each petion, 5 each, and they all cleared my bank about a week after I sent it all off. :unsure:

Well,

I sent it int 1 money order for I-485, 1 for I-765 and a personal check for the biometric finger printing.

Lets see what happens.

I remember clowns at the circus when I was a boy. Boy they sure were silly and stupid...

• 2 weeks later...