what does "Touched" mean?

I figured that too, but how do you know it was touched?

On the USCIS web site you can set up an account or just put in your case number to check status and if the date changes but you do not recieve a RFE or an approval It was "touched" when my I-129 went through the process my NOA1 was Feb 3rd, it was not "touched" until June 25 and it was "touched" everyday until the 30th when it was approved. So when you see that your file has been "touched" you hope they are actually doing something with it besides shimming up the short leg on a table to keep it from wobbling when they lay there head down to take a nap. :blink:

I was giving this lots of thought through the night. It finally ocurred to me that perhaps it refers to the official who has the case rather than the case itself. Perhaps this is why it takes so long to complete. Consider that it keeps being passed around the consulate. Now these people work under a lot of pressure. Maybe this indicates that while working hard on your case the official finally couldn't take it anymore. Now they would hardly want to record "passed to another worker because of a nervous break down". They wouldn't get any applicants to replace the old. So they simply indicate that the person is "touched" in the head. :blink: :P :blink:

Bahan I think I needed to be touched last night so that I didn't end up touched.

:blink: