Day Light Saving Time (4/3)

Every spring we have to do this again (changing the clock forward).  Monday will be tough to get up.  At least the sun will set later.  China doesn't do it.  I wonder if other counties do it?

Not many countries do it. I was stationed in Korea in 88 when the olypics hit. America convinced them to change to daylight savings time. What a mess, then after the olympics were over, they changed back. In fact, Arizona doesnt even change for the time....

:)

I'm glad it will be down to 13--Frank lives in fast time. It's an Atlanta thing-the real south is in central time.

Yea, but living in the Eastern time zone does have one advantage. When the Alabama Highway Patrol starts chasing us Georgia drivers, we make a bee line for the border, knowing the cops will lose an hour if they cross into the state. As soon as the cops realize they just lost an hour on us, they give up and go home. Works every time. :blink:

I'm glad it will be down to 13--Frank lives in fast time. It's an Atlanta thing-the real south is in central time.

Yea, but living in the Eastern time zone does have one advantage. When the Alabama Highway Patrol starts chasing us Georgia drivers, we make a bee line for the border, knowing the cops will lose an hour if they cross into the state. As soon as the cops realize they just lost an hour on us, they give up and go home. Works every time. :blink:

Trigg:

Advanced Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 797

Uh, yea Frank, but if your goin' the other way you will be in jail an hour before you get there.

Is this Southern Logic 101?

OK, this is just weird:

Daylight Saving Time, for the U.S. and its territories, is NOT observed in Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, most of the Eastern Time Zone portion of the State of Indiana, and the state of Arizona (not the Navajo Indian Reservation, which does observe). Navajo Nation participates in the Daylight Saving Time policy, due to its large size and location in three states. http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/index.html

What's up with Indiana? Most of the Eastern Time Zone portion of the state? That can't make reservations particularly convenient.