You should have a letter from the bank stating when your account was opened, what the present balance is and the total amount that has been deposited in the last year.

The last part will be the most difficult for some banks. Most do not have this type of information readily available. I added up all of my deposits over the last year from my statements. Then I took the total and the statements to the bank. The officer verified it then transfered it to his letter.

It depends on your income. If you are over the 125% percent of the poverty limit you should not need any bank statements.

At some point you should have or will have to fill out affidavit of support and that is where you provide income info. A employment/rate of pay verification from your employer and prior three year tax returns.

I got the standard Bank of America form letter showing date account opened and average balance. They will not do total amounts deposited for past year due to policy. But to cover my a.. I copied all the bank statements from the past year and put them in my I-134. The VO did not bother to ask for the I-134 during the interview. I believe they really focus more on the employer letter than the bank letter if they even bother to ask for the I-134. I would not worry too much about the bank stuff being perfect unless your earnings are pretty meager and close to the poverty level. But then I just noticed you are doing K3 so I think you do the I-865 which is more demanding than the I-134. Still that relies more on tax records I believe than bank records.

Has anybody tried to get a statement from a bank in China? I use the Bank of China, and they have a certain form they use - one that doesn't include the info I need. Seems they can't deviate from this one form. Must be a one size fits all kind of thing. Has anybody had success getting a letter from BoC?

Anyway, I don't make enough money so I have a co-sponsor, and I have a statement from my bank in America (where there is far less money). Do I really need to fight for a statement from the Bank of China?

xulie601

I would assume but can't say for certain, if your co-sponsor's income exceeds the 125% limit then you would not need the statements because they are relying on the sponsor's income to meet the requirement. If it was my case I would do my best to provide as much financial info as possible. Its much better to have too much info than not enough.

Not sure how to get the bank statements from B of C.