Serious I-134 question for interview

ok............here it goes and if anyone knows this answer please reply.

the I-134 form requires recent year tax return correct?? that means opnly send my fiance 1 year return or last 3 years?

second question, I make over 35K a year now,and i have a co-sponsor with over 100k a year income to fill out a I134 but I DID NOT meet the income requirements over the last 3 year returns,will they still allow her the K1 even though i did not earn enough the last 3 years but i now meet the requirement and i have a co-sponsor.

Mike

NOA1-FEB 8TH 2005

NOA2-FEB 28TH 2005

CLEARED NVC MARCH 11 2005

SENT TO GZ MARCH 14TH 2005

ARRIVED GZ CUSTOMS 18TH 2005

WAITING.........................................................FOR P3

You shouldn't have a problem. I had similar concerns, as I used to meet the requirement without a problem, but now I do not as I've returned to school. I had a cosponsor just in case as well. But it turned out to be a non-issue as my fiancée told me that the VO didn't even ask to look at her I-134.

Even if they do look at your I-134, you should be ok. Provided that your job looks steady, you probably don't even need the cosponsor, but it cetainly doesn't hurt.

The cryptic requirements on the I134 is that ONLY if you are self employed, do you need to show 3 years of tax returns.

If you made $35K last year, get a nice letter from your boss (notarized) that states your income and that the job is permanent.

Our VO never asked to see the I134 but did want the letter from my boss (who was nice enough to let me write it and he signed it). I also gave my SO my business card as additional evidence of my employment - VO just glanced at the employment letter and moved on.

As others have said about the I134, don't sweat it - many are not even looked at now.

the I-134 form requires recent year tax return correct??

The I-134 only requires last year's tax return if your were self-employed. That means if you were not not self-employed last year, then the I-134 does not *require* any tax forms whatsoever.

But it's usually a good idea to throw some tax forms in there anyway, just for good measure and to be on the safe side.

In your situation, throw in last years tax return and a copy of your latest pay stub along with a letter from your employer saying how much you make. $35k annual is enough to support you and her. No co-sponsor neccessary, unless you feel like it.