Feb. 3, NVC shippment

I just got off the phone with DHL (Greg) and I was told that all 4 boxes shipped from NVC on Feb. 3 are in customs with "clearence delay". Same for Feb.4 (3boxes).

Does anyone have other information? I was told on Friday that 3of4 boxes cleared customs and all boxes for Feb.4 have cleared. Two different reports from two different people?!?!?

If this is true what kind of time frame are we looking at to get past customs?

Best of luck.
Steve

I really wonder if the customs delay in Guangzhou isn't the PRC way of putting a monkey wrench and delay in all the people's plans to leave the country. I mean they can't legally delay people from immigrating out, but they can find any little way they can to delay it and make it inconveneint.

Second, it's no secret around there that PRC customs in GZ is a bugger, if possible ship with a carrier that goes through Shenzhen. GZ customs likes to delay everything.

Bob

I really wonder if the customs delay in Guangzhou isn't the PRC way of putting a monkey wrench and delay in all the people's plans to leave the country. I mean they can't legally delay people from immigrating out, but they can find any little way they can to delay it and make it inconveneint. 

Second, it's no secret around there that PRC customs in GZ is a bugger, if possible ship with a carrier that goes through Shenzhen.  GZ customs likes to delay everything.

Bob

My sense is that it's not a PRC problem but a lack of capacity at GZ. I have a sneaking suspicion that DHL's facility is used as off site storage for GZ.

I can only guess where my petiton is now. Mine was approved Feb 23... I'm thinking it was sent out on the Mar 3. shipment that was supposed to be delivered on March 16 or 17... But still who knows but the people who are supposed to be processing the petitions... WE ARE AT THEIR MERCY!!

Your petition will sit in "clearance delay" for 2 to 5 weeks. I do not know of anyone who has not had at least 1+ week of clearance delay.

The consulate picks up packages with a U.S. sized 9 passenger van. There is a picture of this posted in the gallery section, thanks to Moon Carol Cafe.

When they have enough boxes of petitions to fill the van, they take them all next door to the consulate at once and the DHL web site will show the packages as having been delivered.

I recommend that you not annoy the great GUZ until ALL of the packages that were shipped on your date have cleared the delay.

Also remember that when NVC says it was shipped on Monday as an example, It may have been processed and is ready to ship but DHL may have made their pick up's for that day already. So allow 1 day tolerance for the actual shipped day.

Hope this helps.

My sense is that it's not a PRC problem but a lack of capacity at GZ.  I have a sneaking suspicion that DHL's facility is used as off site storage for GZ.

This was generally my thought too, but how much space can a box of visa applications take up at the Consulate? It may be easier for them to keep records this way though -- otherwise if they picked up things regularly, they may end up getting lost somewhere in the Consulate, and applications would be reviewed in an even less ordered manner.

I found out most Feb. shipment being held up in custom delay has be cleared and has made its way to the consulate, wait a couple of days before they can or will do anything.

Also found out the chinese are somewhat responsible for the delay because every immigration visa needs to be clear by the Chinese, GZ consulate though may be drgging their feet when it comes to providing document for this clearance.

All in all, only a couple of shipments from Feb. are still being held in cue.

I agree but Anne is losing it and I feel this may be the straw that breaks this couple's back. Her motivation is low, her desire for the US is gone. Now she is looking at this as a sign from god that we are not meant for each other. Her depression is at a level I've never seen nor can I talk her out of this feeling she has.

I really hope it get cleared soon and she gets the phone call.

Good luck to all!!

I agree but Anne is losing it and I feel this may be the straw that breaks this couple's back. Her motivation is low, her desire for the US is gone. Now she is looking at this as a sign from god that we are not meant for each other. Her depression is at a level I've never seen nor can I talk her out of this feeling she has.

How long has it been since you visited her? I know Jenny had many doubts and down days, many hours crying on the phone. But I spent the money and visited her 3 times. Now, even though our paperwork still has not been received she is quite confident everything will work out.

Good luck to all!!

If it's any consolation, tell her that your case is moving faster then most, with some people waiting more than a year to get to the interview.

I'm unlucky,2.

My CR1 to GZ on Feb.3. I checked the DHL net: 8728922193 packet had forbidden to send already.

I called the GZ DHL for the reason. It said the PRC. customor needed GUZ stamp. the weird thing is even Mar. 18 DHL had to GUZ and entered the computer ALREADY! oh, my. Who knows the reason?

My LG called the DOS, My CR1 even hadnt enter the computer after TWO months. Who can tell me the REALLY reason of that???? I'm no words for that... God bless GUZ!!!!!!!! At least, I know who would do with my case in future ONE day!

Ô˵¥ºÅÂë ·¢¼þµØ´úÂë ÊÕ¼þµØ´úÂë ״̬

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8728922193 PRT GUANGZHOU - CHINA, PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC ¿ì¼þ±»½ûÖ¹ÅÉËÍ

2005-03-08 16:34

8728922193 - Ïêϸ±¨¸æ

ÈÕÆÚ Ê±¼ä ·þÎñµØÇø ¼ì²éµã

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2005-02-03 15:19 PRT ¿ì¼þÒÑ´Ó·¢¼þÈË´¦ÌáÈ¡

2005-02-04 04:39 CINCINNATI HUB - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ¿ì¼þÀ뿪תÔ˵Ø

2005-02-05 21:15 HONG KONG HUB - HONG KONG ¿ì¼þµ½´ïתÔ˵Ø

2005-02-05 21:59 HONG KONG HUB - HONG KONG ¿ì¼þµ½´ïתÔ˵Ø

2005-02-05 22:01 HONG KONG HUB - HONG KONG ¿ì¼þµ½´ïתÔ˵Ø

2005-02-06 01:10 HONG KONG HUB - HONG KONG ¿ì¼þÒÑÔÚתÔË;ÖÐ

2005-02-06 01:10 HONG KONG HUB - HONG KONG ¿ì¼þÒÑÔÚתÔË;ÖÐ

2005-02-06 01:12 HONG KONG HUB - HONG KONG ¿ì¼þÒÑÔÚתÔË;ÖÐ

2005-02-06 01:12 HONG KONG HUB - HONG KONG ¿ì¼þÀ뿪תÔ˵Ø

2005-02-06 11:13 GUANGZHOU - CHINA, PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC ¿ì¼þµ½´ïתÔ˵Ø

2005-02-06 11:30 GUANGZHOU - CHINA, PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC ¿ì¼þµ½´ïתÔ˵Ø

2005-02-06 11:30 GUANGZHOU - CHINA, PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC ¿ì¼þÒѵ½´ïÊÕ¼þµØº£¹Ø£¬ÕýÔڵȺòÇå¹Ø

2005-02-06 11:46 GUANGZHOU - CHINA, PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC ¿ì¼þÒѵ½´ïÊÕ¼þµØº£¹Ø£¬ÕýÔڵȺòÇå¹Ø

2005-02-06 21:21 GUANGZHOU - CHINA, PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC ÕýÔÚÇå¹ØÖÐ

2005-02-07 22:14 GUANGZHOU - CHINA, PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC ÕýÔÚÇå¹ØÖÐ

2005-02-16 21:22 GUANGZHOU - CHINA, PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC ÕýÔÚÇå¹ØÖÐ

2005-02-17 21:14 GUANGZHOU - CHINA, PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC ÕýÔÚÇå¹ØÖÐ

2005-02-18 21:12 GUANGZHOU - CHINA, PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC ÕýÔÚÇå¹ØÖÐ

2005-02-20 21:07 GUANGZHOU - CHINA, PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC ÕýÔÚÇå¹ØÖÐ

2005-02-21 21:30 GUANGZHOU - CHINA, PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC ÕýÔÚÇå¹ØÖÐ

2005-02-22 21:25 GUANGZHOU - CHINA, PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC ÕýÔÚÇå¹ØÖÐ

2005-02-23 21:14 GUANGZHOU - CHINA, PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC ÕýÔÚÇå¹ØÖÐ

2005-02-24 22:03 GUANGZHOU - CHINA, PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC ÕýÔÚÇå¹ØÖÐ

2005-02-25 21:17 GUANGZHOU - CHINA, PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC ÕýÔÚÇå¹ØÖÐ

2005-02-26 15:22 GUANGZHOU - CHINA, PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC ÕýÔÚÇå¹ØÖÐ