Notarial certification

My fiancee's notarial certification for her divorce papers is over one year now. It was the same document I submitted with the I-129. Can I use this same document for her April 21 interview? My thinking is a divorce is a divorce and cannot be changed. So even if the certification was 5 years old it would still be valid.

I realize this does not apply to her single certification as the date of that should be close to her interview date.

Appreciate your comments.

Larry

Larry:

Check out the link to US Consulate in Guangzhou, the page is for FAQs.

FAQs

Looks toward the bottom of the page.

Guangzhou states Divorce documents have an unlimited period of validity. Since I am not in this situation, I cannot state this for a fact. I think someone else in the same situation can help.

However, the webpage has good information.

Mark

Unless you are using the divorce certificate for another purpose, GZ says it has unlimited validity. Jingwen's divorce certificate was also used to show that she had not recorded another marriage since her divorce, so we made sure that her copy was less than a year old just to be safe. (She also had the consulate certification form related to legal capacity and intent to marry.)