One more stupid question...

I was reading a story on kamya.com where someone was asked for proof that tax returns were actually sent to the IRS. All ours, both for my parents and me, just are copies (along with W-2 copies). Has anyone ever been asked for more than that??

I know I should just relax with only a few days to go, but can't help always finding something to get me worried again.

Jenny, Guangzhou is pulling a lot of "otta' left field" questions these days, but what you're talking about seems clearly over the top even for them....

... Is there any reason why they would doubt your tax documents are authentic copies of the originals?? OF COURSE NOT!

That part, at least, will be smooth, and I'm betting the whole thing will be a non-event...

Don't worry Jenny if they want to verify your tax returns there is a way they can do this. They would most likely ask you to sign a form giving your permission. They do this all the time in the mortgage lending industry. I agree with Kim that it is unlikely. I never heard of this happening. They would only check if they were convinced, that there was some fraud taking place.

Well, this is the week we have been waiting for. <_< :greenblob:

Thanks. Jack's getting on the train tomorrow so really nothing I can do I guess if it ain't done already ...

Good luck to you and Hai Yan, John. Hope Jack will get a chance to meet up with her after her interview to celebrate. (Though I told him if he gets a nice VO to plead for one day service to go take care of his preg wife...!)

Thanks. Jack's getting on the train tomorrow so really nothing I can do I guess if it ain't done already ...

Good luck to you and Hai Yan, John. Hope Jack will get a chance to meet up with her after her interview to celebrate. (Though I told him if he gets a nice VO to plead for one day service to go take care of his preg wife...!)

Hai Yan will be going to GZ on tuesday or wednesday. They will both be at the Consulate on thursday so maybe they'll have an oppurtunity to connect.

It only takes a minute to paste the visa in the passport, but I'm not sure if they speed things up in special situations. No harm in trying!

Good luck to both of you, and all of us that have interviews this week :D :lol:

Hai Yan will be going to GZ on tuesday or wednesday. They will both be at the Consulate on thursday so maybe they'll have an oppurtunity to connect.

It only takes a minute to paste the visa in the passport, but I'm not sure if they speed things up in special situations. No harm in trying!

MY fiancée is headed down Monday morning, and hopefully back to Shanghai sometime on Wednesday. Maybe she'll pass your SOs on the street ....

MY fiancée is headed down Monday morning, and hopefully back to Shanghai sometime on Wednesday. Maybe she'll pass your SOs on the street ....

Well it's our turn this week, finally. We waited a long time for this week. Good luck NY-Viking B) :D