Hotels in GZ and Medical Exam

I know this has been asked before but what hotels does everyone recommend in GZ. I am heard of the White Swan and the Victory. Are these the places to stay.

Also the interview is April 6th so figure that exam would be on the 4th. Do they do them on the 3rd a Sunday. Also which place is best for medical exam in GZ?

I know this has been asked before but what hotels does everyone recommend in GZ.  I am heard of the White Swan and the Victory.  Are these the places to stay.

Also the interview is April 6th so figure that exam would be on the 4th.  Do they do them on the 3rd a Sunday.  Also which place is best for medical exam in GZ?

Hope this helps you!

Medical Exam:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....5f87431c28b9c4b

Guangzhou Hotels:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....4f9bcbab00508af

I know this has been asked before but what hotels does everyone recommend in GZ.  I am heard of the White Swan and the Victory.  Are these the places to stay.

Also the interview is April 6th so figure that exam would be on the 4th.  Do they do them on the 3rd a Sunday.  Also which place is best for medical exam in GZ?

It all depends on the quality of the hotel you are looking for. If you want a five star hotel then by all means stay at the white swan. The Victory is probably a four star.

My fiancee likes to watch money. We stayed across from the White Swan at the youth hostel. It was a nice clean hotel for the money. We paid 200 yaun, after several days they cut the rate to 180. It is maybe a two minute walk to and from the consulate.

The medical exam is at the clinic by the consulate on Shamian Island. Why they call it an island?? Looking at the map you it looks like the rest of Guangzhou except for the islands. It must be at this clinic as the doctor will put all of the results into a consult packet, place all of the proper forms with it, these include the DS-156 and DS-157. Staple proof of payment for the interview and then seal it. Once she/he has the medical exam you must go to another clinic way on the other side of Guangzhou to get the results transfered into a health booklet. The best way to get there is via the subway. I think it cost 5 yuan a piece for the ride. Have your fiancee get their shots at the clinic. It costs less than having it done here. They will give you a shot record booklet. Then here you can find a civil physician to transfer this to the proper form.

Good luck with the interview.