e-mail response from GZ

We naturally have a lot of beefs with GZ, but I'd like to say something complimentary (maybe they'll see it and speed up my case...this being China I always assume somebody might be reading my e-mails).

The last two e-mails I sent to the consulate were responded to in three days or less. Compared to six months ago when I never received a response whatsoever, I'd say things are looking up.

I got a same day response today! Pretty simple questions: did you get my fax/what's my new case number. Guess it depends a little bit on degree of difficulty.

Your question, Chinese Wife, might be more than the yahoos at the embassy can handle. My understanding is that the the wife is allowed custody of infants, but once past the age of 2 or 3 the husband is granted absolute custody. I hope your wife's ex is a reasonable man. Good luck.

I always received timely responses from GZ. One thing that I did was never to use one of the canned subject lines when using their e-mail form. My thinking was that a canned subject line got a canned response. I don't know if it really made any difference, but using e-mail was infinitely better than trying to reach them via telephone.