Got letter from NVC !

Hi All,

Just got back from two months in Baoding, China with Zixuan...

I rarely post, but read often during my time there...

Since we're talking "letters from NVC", thought I jump on this bandwagon of P3 waiters...

I received my NVC letter on Feb. 11, same as Meiandmark described.

My submission experience is as follows, hope this will help someone else down the road:

Dec. 8 : I-129F submitted

Dec. 29: Received RFE , divorce document was not "Absolute" version ( I had submitted the Judgement of Divorce "Nisi" version)

Jan. 10: Mailed RFE info back.

Feb. 2: NOA2 received, approved.

Feb. 11: NVC letter received.

WHen I received the RFE, I realized that not only was the document submitted wrong, but that also the other form requesting the divorce date was input wrong (although INS did not mention that in the RFE !). I got some advice to simply note this as part of the cover letter, and state that the other form is not correct and noted the correct date to be used for that form.

I held my breath for those few weeks... but seems they accepted this cover letter correction as good enough for the other form!

DavidZixuan

I recieved a letter from the NVC on Saturday. It has the Consulate case #, and a friendly little sentence about them forwarding the petition onto the Consulate....

I guess I am now in the P3 waiting line....

Congratulations Jason & Joanne! :) :blink:

You should be getting P3 in about 5 to 7 weeks. Practice filling out the forms with your SO. Then you can return them quickly and get in the queue.