Cheap Phone Card

I never found anything really cheap that worked well. But something else you might want to consider is records of your calls for relationship proof. I was on a plan with SBC that cost $24.95 for 300 minutes per month. That's $0.08 per minute but the advantage was I got a monthly record of every call to my SO. Then time over that you can look for something cheap.

I've been using a phone card I signed up for at www.ecallchina.com . They have a rechargeable pinless speed dial card. I don't have local access number here in Maine so it costs about 4.3 cents a min. If you have a local access calling number it is only 1.9 cents a minute. They have a good quality sound and I have had no problem connecting. They also have the ability to download your call detail records in a pdf format.

I guess 6 months of communication will be un documented.... I just purchsed a 1stphonecard so I can start getting some minutes documented. I do write some letters, but everything is electronic mostly... my phone card is not even a card.... that is a bummer, because I had a bunch of phone cards in the past. I will ask her to print all of the emails, I can't leave her alone.

The cheapest I have found is uni asia that is 1.6 cents a minute if you use the local access number. Check with your local asian markets they usually have them. Down side is there are no phone records.