How will I know...

Sorry to ask this question yet again, but I can't seem to get an answer. My petition was sent to GZ on Feb. 4. Hopefully they will be getting it anyday now. The problem is I need to change my fiance's address so she can receive the P3, but I can not do that until GZ has our case. So how will I know when they have it? If I wait until they send the P3 it will be too late because we'll never receive it.

Please help!

It takes about 1 month for the 'speed post' parcel to arrive GZ, and takes another 2 weeks -4 weeks for GZ to key into their system. If you are K1, you can contact GZ anytime from beginning of April, you can email them of the updates of the address. Quote your GUZ no.

Thanks for responding, Sawadee. The problem is (well, one of them at least) that I don't have a GUZ number. I have an LIN number, from the NOA2. Am I missing something?

As for contacting GZ, I've tried and tried to talk to an actual person and that proved impossible. I sent an e-mail with the address change, but their computer doesn't read Chinese characters (isn't that an interesting irony). Their advice: send fax of address change, only after it has been received by the consulate. But, again, how will I know when that has happened?

Do you think visiting the consulate would do any good? It'd be tough for me to get there on a weekday, but I could figure out a way if it meant I could clear this up.

Thanks

Thanks for responding, Sawadee.  The problem is (well, one of them at least) that I don't have a GUZ number.  I have an LIN number, from the NOA2.  Am I missing something?

As for contacting GZ, I've tried and tried to talk to an actual person and that proved impossible.  I sent an e-mail with the address change, but their computer doesn't read Chinese characters (isn't that an interesting irony).  Their advice: send fax of address change, only after it has been received by the consulate.  But, again, how will I know when that has happened?

Do you think visiting the consulate would do any good?  It'd be tough for me to get there on a weekday, but I could figure out a way if it meant I could clear this up.

Thanks

I would call the National Visa Center (603-334-0700). Use their automated system. Follow the instructions and at the proper prompt enter your LIN number and you will get the latest information. If they assigned you a GUZ number you will find out at that time.

Sorry , your case is K1 so you dont have GUZ no. right now, my suggestion would be you email(impossible to personalized phone call now) to GZ in April and ask if your case(using the LIN no.) has been key into computer or not, if they key your case into compute then you can email them about the address change(with Engish only) and fax them the Chinese version later.

Thanks

I would call the National Visa Center (603-334-0700). Use their automated system. Follow the instructions and at the proper prompt enter your LIN number and you will get the latest information. If they assigned you a GUZ number you will find out at that time.

I think this is the best advice except DO NOT use the automated system !!

Most K1 cases never make it into their automated system!!

Talk to a live person and you can get your GUZ number from them.

Then you can e-mail GZ with the updated address (and phone # if you have one)