Hello agian all I am getting ready to leave monday for chongqing china to spend some time with my soon to be wife.And I have a question my me silly but I want to take a ring with me for her and she said her ring size was size 9 in china what would that change over to here in the u.s.? I want to take the right size any help would be a great help.

thanks patrick

China sizes usually use the Hong Kong Jewlers standard. Japan is yet another. The Chinese Jewlers in San Gabriel sometimes have the sizing rod for both.

Ping's size 13 worked out to close to 6.5 U.S. I think a 9 is about 5 perhaps 4.8.

Why not have her send ring the right size and have a jewler size it?

Been there done that LOL.

After buying my SO's ring in china according to the size her tranlsator told me, I had to have it resized (took about an hour).

May I suggest, you take her to choose her own ring. I bought my SO's ring without her knowledge (aided by her translator). It was a mistake :(

Also from the rings I saw there, the gold is a different grade, color.

Which ever way you go, Make sure you save your reciept for your evidence pile!!!!

Godspeed

Before I went to China to meet Bing for the first time I sent her a web page that said how to measure your finger with a string to see the correct size. She said it was a size 7 American. I was skeptical but I bought a size 7 anyway. Sure enough it was too big. She took it to a jeweler in Nanning who resized it for her. 14 caret gold wasn't a problem.

Ring size depends upon which jewelry store you go to. Some use Hong Kong, some Japanese. My fiancee had a size 12 or 12 1/2, it turned out to be a 5 1/2.

I went to a jeweler here in the USA, purchased a ring sizer (basically plastic with ring sizes to match to a line). Cost a buck. Sent it to her and got the right size.

My 1/6 yuan worth.

The ring sizes are all over the place depending on which system is being used.

I would strongly agree with Meiandmark - let your SO choose the ring !!! I gave Ying a small token of my affection that I bought in USA. She picked the engagement ring. There is no chance I could have picked something she really liked.

This is hopefully the last/only time your SO will do this, it should be special time. Ying really enjoyed looking, deciding what she would like. She would sometimes ask if I like something - real meaning is it too expensive.

We bought in China, yes the prices can be less, some times very much less, sometimes higher - depending on where you shop. There were many, many choices, but Ying knew where to go ( she had a long time to pre-shop) Are you sure of what you are getting - of course not - it is China !!

My laopo had a great experience and she is really happy - that is all that matters. ( We did this in Beijing - maybe not as easy or variety of choice in smaller cities)