OK, here are interview questions and answers.

MM felt that they had actually already approved her visa and the interview was a formality.

Whoever said practice makes perfect, she made a few mistakes in her answers because she was nervous but it did not bother the VO at all. My belief has always been that they know the applicant is nervous at the interview. Also believe that the VO must be trained similar to the border officers in the U.S. to be able to read a person's reactions and body language. It is human and normal to be nervous and make mistakes.

I believe the whole process of approval basically boils down to two issues, that there is a relationship and the ability to support your spouse.

The Interview:

Me: Hi morning! (With lovely smile)

VO: Hi morning! (With big smile)

VO: You can speak English?

Me: Yes

VO: Good, because I cannot speak Chinese well, we can talk in English then.

Me: Sure

VO: Where do you meet your fiancé?

Me: We met each other on a Christian Matchmaker web-site.

VO: Oh, Good, are you a Christian?

Me: Yes, we both are Christian.

VO: Good, where do you go to church? (I did not hear what he said this time because his voice so low)

Me: Excuse me?

VO: where do you go to church?

Me: I went to church twice in Shanghai. (Did not think he asked me this question, felt a little shock, after I answered, I thought maybe he thought I went to church so little, then maybe he thought I am not a real Christian. Then I began to feel nervous)

VO: Where does your fiancé work?

Me: (She answers with the city I live in – when MM told me this I laughed so hard I almost fell off the couch – after all our interview practice) (too nervous to answer correctly)

VO: Ok, do you have his company's letter?

Me: Yes, (began to open the big folder to take paper out)

VO: What does he do?

Me: He is a ###########.

Me: This is his job letter, and here are his income tax forms, passport (show him the papers)

VO: Oh, good.

VO: How many times did he come to China to see you?

Me: Five times. (In the middle of his question, I knew what he was asking me, so I answered so quick this time)

VO: Oh, five times.

Me: Yes, there are his passport's copies. (I pointed at the passport's copies before him, and he looked.)

VO: When will you plan to get married?

Me: in the middle of April (I was not sure he asked me when or where)

VO: Where?

Me: (She again answers with city where I live – but we plan to go to Tennessee to have our wedding) (I quickly realized that I made mistake)

Me: But we plan to drive to his mother's home to visit his mother first.

VO: Oh, where does his mother live?

Me: #######, Tennessee

VO: which city?

Me: ##########

VO: Oh, great, very beautiful place can see so many trees.

Me: Really!

VO: Yeah, ok, you come back Monday afternoon at 4:00 pm to pick up your visa. (Taking out a white slip to hand it to me)

Me: Thank you!

VO: You are welcome! Have a nice day!

Me: Thank you! Have a nice day! We have waited for two and half years.

VO: We are so sorry to keep you waiting so long.

Me: That's ok.

(Taking back all my documents and put them inside my bag)

Me: You have my passport, right?

VO: Yes, we need your passport to make visa on it.

Me: Ok, Thank you. Have a nice weekend!

VO: Have a nice weekend!

MM arrived early for the interview at 6:30 and there were already 25 others in line waiting. When they went inside she was called first to the window to give them her documents. Then she was given a number 15 for the interview and a lady next to her received number 80. Of course they do not go in order and was called much later then the lady with number 80.

So much for getting in line early. :P

MM said the officer was about 30 and average build, a very nice and polite man.

Hope this helps others headed to GZ for their interviews, and Good Luck.

B)

Congrats..

You will never be done cleaning. So if you think it is clean, do it one more time. She might think it is clean then.

Mike and Lisa  :D

This reminds of earlier thread, were wives made their laogong wear slippers in the home. When MM and I joke about this she says our floors will be so clean I do not even need the slippers :D

OK, here are interview questions and answers. 

Thanks very much for the nice rundown on the visa interview. This pretty much aligns with other stories I've heard. My SO and I are waiting for her P4/appointment letter. She is very nervous because she speaks very little English. I know it's "luck of the draw" whether she will get a VO who speaks Chinese or not.

We've been waiting for the P4 for 4 1/2 months, so hopefully we're on the home stretch.

Congratulations to you two!

Richard

Congrats..

You will never be done cleaning. So if you think it is clean, do it one more time. She might think it is clean then.

Mike and Lisa  :greenblob:

This reminds of earlier thread, were wives made their laogong wear slippers in the home. When MM and I joke about this she says our floors will be so clean I do not even need the slippers :greenblob:

Ah but you will still need slippers to keep from getting the floor dirty with your "no clean" feet.