PLS Help Me analyze this message from GZ office

Hi All

it's me again, i recently sent a couple of emails to GZ inquiring my wife's K3 status. below is the latest response from GZ on the waiting time, help me understand if this is real. because I don't really see the delay being that long from reading the timelines on this forum. the most i observe was about 6 weeks from the date the case was sent gz to the p3 being received by the beneficiary.

I am really confused and nervous right now, because GZ officer doesn't offer me any more information on whether or not my wife's case has been received.. the only confirmation i have are DHL's tracking numbers of packages delieverd on that day to GZ office...

could anyone please help me understand GZ's message?

thanks

Felix

Dear Petitioner

After NVC notifies an applicant that they have shipped the petition to

the

Consulate, typically it takes 60 to 120 days for file/petition to be

received and processed by post. This time period includes the time

required

to clear China's customs, security screening of the boxes when they are

received by post, and then sorting and processing time for the

Immigrant

Visa Unit.

My email to GZ:

Dear Consulate Officer

Thank you for your previous email reply. Two weeks ago, I inquiried

about my

wife's case status, and I was told the case has not been received or

entered

in the system. I checked again with NVC and NVC again confirmed my

wife's

case been forward to your office on Dec 22nd via DHL, and DHL confirmed

the

delievery to your office. Would you please kindly check again for my

wife's

case status? I'd greatly appreicated. should there be any information

or

questions, please feel free to email me at above email address.

Thank you so much for your time and help.

Felix

Felix, it's time for your wife to receive the P3, you can also contact by phone the DOS to get a status of your case. They can tell you if the package was received by GZ and if they had sent the P3 to her. In our case, the P3 was lost 2 times in the mail, I wrote to them to change the mailing address and requested them to resend the P3, and they did. Good luck!

Hi All

thanks for the reply, I called DOS today. and the reply was that My wife's K-3 case was withheld from GZ because my wife's CR-1 Case was completed and forwarded to GZ on Feb 14th before GZ started my wife's k-3 process. that's why my wife never got her p3 for the K-3. the DOS officier explained me that K-3 was only intended for those that CR-1 wasn't approved and completed in time. since my wife's k3 and Cr-1 was approved and completed about the same time, therefore the K-3 was withheld. I guess that kinda make sense.

I guess for those of you whom are in the same boat as me to know this change if you are filing both k3 and cr1. i am going to China to visit my sweety in two weeks, hopefully, by then my sweety will receive the final doc of her CR-1 from GZ office. I guess I will just patiently wait and pray.

Cheers

Felix