May go to DC

I have called Senator Allard's office and asked the visa lady to see if she can set me up with an appointment to meet with Harty along with a rep from the Senator's office. If it happens, I will be driving from the Denver area and would be happy to pick up anyone else along the way. Let me know if you have an interest in going.

It's a big detour to California, but I'm thinking about going. Originally I was going to try to set something up for end of Jan, but then there were all the resubmissions, and I'm still hoping things are going to happen...If they don't, I'm going to DC, no doubt about it. I'll be with my fiancee for her birthday from 2/3 to 2/14 (in Russia). If you go after that, and she doesn't have a clearance I will meet you in DC for sure.

Marc

I'll actually be moving to D.C. at the very beginning of February to start a new job there. I am in China now visiting my wife, but plan to return to the states on the 28th and be in D.C. within a few days after that. If anyone plans on going to D.C. in mid february, I will probably have a (very small) place of my own there. If it's sooner than that, never mind. :unsure:

There is a big rally this weekend in DC to protest war with Iraq.

Right now my priorities are

1/ Yuhui

2/ Iraq

3/ Making sure than domino's stays in business ! :)

All others are irrelevant

N. Korea should be also on the list. If they have nukes, then the Chinese cities are at risk (especially Beijing).

N. Korea and China are allies...even if they weren't, N. Korea wouldn't dare rile up a giant neighbor that already has nuclear capabilities. If China wanted to, they can make N. Korea into another Chinese Province. N. Korea relies heavily on China.

The threat is if Bush decides to take action, flights to and from China will have to be modified somehow.

There is a big rally this weekend in DC to protest war with Iraq.

Right now my priorities are

1/ Yuhui

2/ Iraq

3/ Making sure than domino's stays in business ! :D

All others are irrelevant

N. Korea should be also on the list. If they have nukes, then the Chinese cities are at risk (especially Beijing).

hey ! I don't work at State OK?? I don't want to worry about Pyongyang man ! :D

Actually 1/ is my only thought... The hell with the rest, because the rest is how humanity had to deal with for the past thousands years.. Nothing you or I can do about it