Wife just did the immigration physical at the hosiptal on Shamain Island, goes back Friday for the results. Had to get 4 vaccinations, boy was she ticked!!

Apparently now, to "Speed up document Checking" she has to bring all the documentation such as marriage certificate, police certificate, DS 230, GIV-24 etc to the hospital so they can check for completeness and put all in a sealed envelope.

Are they going to want divorce certificates, death certificates from my previous marriages? Bringing them anyway, but just curious.

Another question, do they take this packet ahead of time before you get into the interview? Open the packet at the window and check then? Wondering how the logistics work.

I was visiting the consulate late one afternoon after all the business had been done for the day and saw some folks wheeling grocery carts full of what I gathered to be approved visa packets from one office to another. Clear folders, could see the passports.

GZ consulate is really a pretty small space to be doing all this.

Interview is the 17th, and the wife is particularly nervious, considering she was turned down twice for a tourist visa because she "couldn't demonstrate suffient family ties in China" The lady at the tourist visa office told her if she wanted to visit the US she had to immigrate!!! I guess in that case being married to an American didn't help much, they figured she would just stay and file immigration visa there.

Probably small questions, but we're both the kind of people that don't like surprises, and are more comfortable knowing what to expect.

Anybody coming to this part of the world in a few days, it's cold, wet. But there's a place on the street along the river side of the island selling nicely done down jackets for 540rmb!!

Enough rambling. Wish we could get this over with already!!!

Bob

yes we had the hospital do that.. They will put the necessary docs in the brown/manila envelope and organize for you and then cut the corner off so the security people can inspect prior to going into the consulate.

The security people will inspect the envelope for what ever by peeking into the cut corner.. All other documents should be in a clear bag if not they will make you take out and hand carry.. have your other docs available also. The envelope will be opened by the VO at the window when you SO is called up.

Thanks, I think I've been working here too long and expect things to get fouled up, so I tend to want to know what's supposed to happen so I can make sure it doesn happen.

Somehow I'm always surprised when something here works without a problem.

When you hear "mei you wenti," usually is "da wenti."

Get that way from fixing too many "da wenti."

Bob

Yes, the vaccinations were part of the process. She got 4 shots, her arm is still numb and I'm still hearing about it!!. "Look what I had to go through for you!"

Had to remind her what I had to go through for health check for marriage certificate. VD test, Cotton swab. I've now been medically violated in EVERY orifice in my body.

Bob

Had to remind her what I had to go through for health check for marriage certificate. VD test, Cotton swab.  I've now been medically violated in EVERY orifice in my body.

There's a medical exam for the petitioner of a DCF/CR1?? And it entails thourough and complete examinations of every orifice of the male body??

I'm so glad we went the K-1 route ... no med exams on my end!!!! :D :P :D

Jenny,

The SOS clinic will do the vaccinations for you, for an extra fee.

Rong declined them, but since your husband *must* get them (since he is on an IV), I would recommend getting them done at SOS.

Rong told me they were very careful to be clean and use sterile equipment!

Well, that's the next question. I'm under the impression for CR-1 at least you pay a the consulate but I could very well be wrong..There's payment windows at in the interview waiting room used them for payment of other stuff at ACS, and I paid the initial i-130 filing fee when I filed at DHS there. But, to tell the truth, I guess I need to find out for sure about that one.

Can anyone shed some light on this???

Bob

Thanks Lele. Don't know why the instructions list another clinic or something for that.

Hope we can both get some clarity on this Bob. Maybe we do pay there - maybe that is why the instructions say to pay in cash. But I don't trust their instructions... and can just imagine him getting turned away just cause he didn't pay the right place.