Does this mean what I think it means?

I received an e-mail from DOS today. After reciting the standard language that we have all read many times about the new security procedures, etc., etc., the final paragraph reads as follows:

"I am very pleased to inform you that the Consulate has now received permission to continue processing Ms. ___'s visa. I hope and trust that Ms. ___ will receive notification from the Consulate soon and that the outcome will not be delayed much longer."

This sounds like a clearance to me. Has anyone else received similar notification?

I129F: November 15, 2001

First name submit: May 17, 2002

Interview: August 5, 2002

Resubmit: December 30, 2002

Congratulations Tex!

We are very happy for you.

It seems the clearances are taking about 3 weeks to clear after the resubmittal.

Also if you want, you can get the info for when the letter was sent and an EMS tracking number from GZ or DOS info line.

Good luck.

Are you still AngryTexan? hehehehe

I know my name will change in about a week.

Thanks to everybody for the kind words. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, just in case, and I hope everyone on this board gets the same news very soon. Yesterday was a particularly low point for me in this process, so the news could not have come at a better time.

Mark, the news definitely helps, but I am still angry that so many are still waiting, after so much time.

By the way, I ran into my immigration attorney friend yesterday. She told me about a client of hers who petitioned for a K-1 for his fiancee from Nepal. Total time from I129F to arrival in Houston? - FOUR MONTHS!!!

Congratulations in Texas. Unbelievable how China & Russia have been treated since 8/1/02.

I guess we all should have fallen in love with someone from a terrorist country, then they would have been in the US long ago.

I also still can not even begin to fathom why adoptive children 90% under the age of two are being put through the same security checks as all adults.

What possibly could the DOS's thinking be behind this!!!!