So What's the Plan Now?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another poster mentioned that she noticed 20 other K-1 people inside GUZ to pick up their visas? So on average 20 visas a day, 11 busines days left before the Chinese New Year, so about 220 visas before the CNY.

I wonder if the concept of New Year's Resolution exists in the Chinese New Years. Maybe DOS is waiting for the Chinese New Year to get their act together, so GZ and DOS can be in synchronization.

I am also getting really discouraged about this, but I will give them one more week. After that, I will be calling and I will be looking for a ticket back to the US to make some personal vists.

I ran the numbers a couple of weeks ago and came up with about the same that you do now. They ain't processing people for actual visas as fast as they are handing out "white papers". Furthermore it is going to take a long, long time just to get through the people already waiting at this rate.

What need to be done is supply a list of case numbers to CA that still have a 2002 resub date ( apparently, they can't figure it out, since we have to bringg that up during our calls ) and demand those cases are physically looked up ( not just addressing the " general issue" )and that a namecheck IS actually conducted as we speak.

That Jan 4 supposed namecheck mass-resub for all K's is a smoke screen, as several resubs were well past that date. And still others are still showing in the system as Nov-Dec 2002 resub. With not a chance in hell to clear until someones wakes up.

Too late now anyway until after the long week-end. Lets see what transpires over here in China by Tuesday the 21st which will be Wednesday the 22nd in China. That passes the 10 working days after the Jan 4th date and gives time for letters to arrive. On the 24th, I start to call and fax again. As it now stands, I have spent about 20% of this months income on phone calls to GZ and DOS, faxes and the extra on-line fees for the computer. Might as well see if I can make 50%.

What need to be done is supply a list of case numbers to CA that still have a 2002 resub date ( apparently, they can't figure it out, since we have to bringg that up during our calls ) and demand those cases are physically looked up  ( not just addressing the " general issue" )and that a namecheck IS actually conducted as we speak.

That Jan 4 supposed namecheck mass-resub for all K's is a smoke screen, as several resubs were well past that date. And still others are still showing in the system as Nov-Dec 2002 resub. With not a chance in hell to clear until someones wakes up.

Eric, I really like your idea. I am tired of hearing we have no way of tracking it. I bet the do.

Too late now anyway until after the long week-end.  Lets see what transpires over here in China by Tuesday the 21st which will be Wednesday the 22nd in China.  That passes the 10 working days after the Jan 4th date and gives time for letters to arrive.  On the 24th, I start to call and fax again.  As it now stands, I have spent about 20% of this months income on phone calls to GZ and DOS, faxes and the extra on-line fees for the computer.  Might as well see if I can make 50%.

Owen.

Yes, cases were resub'd on 1/4... But not ALL as claimed by CA and GZ.. Some were not.. Some were after 1/4.. This just does not pan out.

I spoke to CA today.. The gal was clueless as of why they still show Nov-Dec resubs and said it would be brought up in a staff meeting.

What need to be done is supply a list of case numbers to CA that still have a 2002 resub date ( apparently, they can't figure it out, since we have to bringg that up during our calls ) and demand those cases are physically looked up  ( not just addressing the " general issue" )and that a namecheck IS actually conducted as we speak.

Eric, I really like your idea. I am tired of hearing we have no way of tracking it. I bet the do.

OK someone pin this please .. List your stuff as shown below.

Eric&Yuhui

Interview 8/1/02

Last known resub 11/16/02

then we can gather the GUZ numbers in private.

I'm sick of this.

The problem with developing a clear and defined strategy is the reality that "truth" in this matter is a moving target. There are no clear answers to any questions. I am open to any and all suggestions, but this morning (its morning in China) I am a bit tired and frustrated after a 2AM call to DOS, the script of which I won't bother to post as it was surreal to say the least. Like a cross between a Three Stooges episode and a painting by Salvador Dali. :rolleyes: :( :wacko:

Too late now anyway until after the long week-end.  Lets see what transpires over here in China by Tuesday the 21st which will be Wednesday the 22nd in China.  That passes the 10 working days after the Jan 4th date and gives time for letters to arrive.  On the 24th, I start to call and fax again.  As it now stands, I have spent about 20% of this months income on phone calls to GZ and DOS, faxes and the extra on-line fees for the computer.  Might as well see if I can make 50%.

I am not waiting one more day until someone tells me the truth.

Too late now anyway until after the long week-end.  Lets see what transpires over here in China by Tuesday the 21st which will be Wednesday the 22nd in China.  That passes the 10 working days after the Jan 4th date and gives time for letters to arrive.  On the 24th, I start to call and fax again.  As it now stands, I have spent about 20% of this months income on phone calls to GZ and DOS, faxes and the extra on-line fees for the computer.  Might as well see if I can make 50%.

I am not waiting one more day until someone tells me the truth.

How will you know whether you got the truth or not? This is a moving target with this group. I also think that they all took lessons from Nixon in how to talk without saying anything.