Remove conditions on residence after name check?

Hello, my husband is a US citizen and sponsored my marriage-based GC in March 2003. Our interview was finished in August 2003 but I haven't got my conditional GC due to FBI background/name check. I just learned that these days it can take 2 years to get background check done (I'm in Northern California). My question is do I have to wait for another 2 years to remove the conditions on my residence? According to the USCIS: 'You should apply during the 90 days before your second anniversary as a conditional resident', but we already married for 2 years! Thanks for your info! BTW, anyong successfully got conditional GC after long name check? I'm so tired of renewing my EAD and AP:(((

I moved this back here to the post-visa forum.

Unfortunately, the clearance takes as long as it takes. You said you husband sponsored you for a marriage-based GC and had your interview in August 2003. I will need a little more info to respond.

Did you get a visa to enter the US?  If so, what kind of visa?

Did you file for Adjustment of Status?

What interview did you have in August 2003? Where was it?

As long as your GC is pending, you will have to maintain you EAD in order to work and obtain AP to reenter the US after a trip abroad.

Thank you very much! I was an F-1 student in the US when we got married, and we filed I-485 and I-130 together at the San Jose office, did finger print around May, and were interviewed in August 2003, being told that a name check was initiated, then endless waiting...That interview was just the one we usually refer to, bringing marriage certificate, utility bill, banking statement, etc. It was even video taped. Is there supposed to be another interview?

BTW, because of some confusion - I thought the new EAD should be effective once I submitted the renewal application - my renewal of EAD was delayed. I submitted before expiration but I only got the new one after expiration, during which I was actually working!! Will this gap give me trouble if INS finds out?

I assume you filed the I-130 at CSC? If so, you should have a WAC number on the NOA1 and NOA2. Use that number on the USCIS Case Inquiry site and you can see if you have been approved. It may take a few weeks longer before you receive your welcome letter. The card will follow the letter by a few weeks to a month or so.

Thank you very much for the info!! We filed I-130 and I-485 together at San Jose sub office. I only got an alien registration number/file number, no receipt number. That's why I can't find out my status online. It's been tooooooo long: 18 months since our interview! I wonder if anyone had similar experience here...BTW, how can I contact FBI about my status? I have an email address but not sure if it's gonna help much.

If it is approved 2 years after your marriage date, you should get a 10 year green card. Then there would be nothing to file for another ten years. If it is approved before your 2nd anniversay, it will be a conditional 2-year card. Within 90 days of it expiring, you will need to file for removal of conditions.

Don, am I reading this correctly?? Fang ling and I will have our first anniversary soon and the Memphis center is only processing July 2002 applications. I am sure we will be well past our second anniversary when they are finished. So you are saying that she bypass the two year card and be given the 10 year??