How do we get a passport for our baby

Sorry Don I posted this in the polls section by accident!

I'm so confused!

Our baby won't be getting a birth certificate until a few months from now as I posted earlier and we have a paper saying that she was born on such and such date at the local hosptial so we're going to try to bring that for her to get a passport as suggested by the hospital. We made an appointment and they said we need two passport pictures. How do you take a picture of a month old child without her crying and moving around! HAHA Anyone have experience with this at all? Thanks in advance

Our son was born August of last year and we had to go through the same thing so he could go to China with my wife to visit family. We just had to go to a camera store and hold him in front of a white screen for the picture. It took two of us with most of four hands showing. The passport people know that a month old baby can not stand for a picture so as long as it is white in the background. We did it at home first but they said there was too much of a blue tint. So there should be no problem with the photo at least.

Daniel

Sorry Don I posted this in the polls section by accident! 

I'm so confused!

Our baby won't be getting a birth certificate until a few months from now as I posted earlier and we have a paper saying that she was born on such and such date at the local hosptial so we're going to try to bring that for her to get a passport as suggested by the hospital. We made an appointment and they said we need two passport pictures. How do you take a picture of a month old child without her crying and moving around! HAHA Anyone have experience with this at all? Thanks in advance

When we went to have Victors picture taken they just took him out of his car seat, put a white cloth behind him and sat him back in his seat and took the picture. Jennifer and I just stand behind him and make funny faces and he was fine...lol...lol...lol...

I dont think you will be able to get a passport without a birth certificate though, I guess you can try, but that was the first thing that they asked us about when we went to get Victors. The next thing that they ask us for was the Social Secerity Card, thats all that we needed. If I remember right, the cost of it was $70.00 and it is good for 5 years, if I remember right.

Good luck you guys! If you need anything else, just drop us another E-mail...:unsure:...

Just incase anyone else is in this situation:

We got our baby's passport without a birth certificate by doing these things:

1-Needed a letter from Doctor with her letter head saying she delivered the baby, the date of delivery, her name, and mother's name and hospital

2- two passport pictures of the baby (My hand was in the picture and I held the baby up for walgreens to take the shot) It was a okay view of the face but we didn't get it exactly her looking at the camera and they accepted it

3-discharge paper from hospital stating when the baby was born, weight, mother's name, on hospital letter head.

That's it! They are going to mail it to us in two days. The only thing was because we didn't have a Birth Certificate her passport is only good for one year.

Hope this helps. Our baby was 6 weeks old and no birth certificate.