CSI and "Mail Order Brides."

Guest Long_strider

Guest Long_strider

Anyone see the CBS episode of CSI last night at 9 pm PST. Painted a very sterotypical perspective of abusive males who recruited Russian and Asian "mail order brides?"

long_strider

Guest blsqueaky

We are safe for now, I think. Doug is our of town, and I think right now on his way to see wifey, so he will be too busy to be checking in.

I also missed it. I got involved in the Happy days Reunion

Guest blsqueaky
I saw it and it was pretty bad, typical of the industry.  There is also a story here about the mail order bride industry.  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6884657/site/n...sweek/?GT1=6190

Maybe some day they will do a story about  meeting the love of your life on the internet, and not associate it with the mail order bride industry.  I know that China CCTV has had some stories about it.

Mark

Yes, maybe in a perfect world, and we know that this will never happen. I have seen just myself that when I was going through the internet doing the searching that I was doing and all of my travels to China, many friends could not believe that I was doing this, and then the more that they talked to me and really found out what it was like over in China, and started to also find out that what our media shows is not really what it is like, but then again, just what their media shows.

Then when Ling arrived in this small little town that I live in, they met her, everything changed. They enjoy seeing her, they do everything that they can to help, and low and behold, small minds started to expand a little, and now they are learning. I guess that this is what it takes.

Maybe some day they will do a story about  meeting the love of your life on the internet, and not associate it with the mail order bride industry.

Not good enough or interesting enough to sell. The media cares nothing about a successful story.

I guess Don Henley said it best;

-People love it when you lose

-They love dirty laundry

Maybe this should go into the music thread?.................. :lol:

I saw it and it was pretty bad, typical of the industry.  There is also a story here about the mail order bride industry.  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6884657/site/n...sweek/?GT1=6190

Maybe some day they will do a story about  meeting the love of your life on the internet, and not associate it with the mail order bride industry.  I know that China CCTV has had some stories about it.

Mark

Yes, maybe in a perfect world, and we know that this will never happen. I have seen just myself that when I was going through the internet doing the searching that I was doing and all of my travels to China, many friends could not believe that I was doing this, and then the more that they talked to me and really found out what it was like over in China, and started to also find out that what our media shows is not really what it is like, but then again, just what their media shows.

Then when Ling arrived in this small little town that I live in, they met her, everything changed. They enjoy seeing her, they do everything that they can to help, and low and behold, small minds started to expand a little, and now they are learning. I guess that this is what it takes.

Good Job!!!