Cost of I-864?

When I did the P3 for my CR1 at the NVC I paid $65.00 for the Affidavit of Support Fee which is send to St Louis as per the instructions on the Cover Letter. When they receive this Fee then you will be sent the I-864. ( unless they don't charge any more..)

could be???? I dunno-i only did I-184 in conection to AOS form I-465

This is incorrect for an I-130 processed through NVC. The I-864 fee IS $65.00. The IV fee bill is 335.00- ouch, ouch, ouch times 2. Just filed another 130 for step daughter.

HOT OFF THE PRESS!!!!!!!

ALSO there are a lot of requirements ***on the I-864 received from NVC*** (son got it on 1-27-05) ***that DO NOT APPEAR*** in the web site version. I'm claiming jet lag and will post this info later.

The 65.00 is not for the I-864, but the AOS processesing fee. That is what I paid. First you submit the fee, then you receive the I-864. then you get the whopper 335.00 fee.....

yuckies...

:blink:

Bahan check again- your timeline says AOS fee 8-29 and then you received your I864 a month later.

Right here in front of me is my $65.00 bill from NVC for AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT - and NOT AOS as in Adjustment Of Status. Like I posted above I also just got the I-864 paperwork from NVC and there are instuctions, a coversheet and requirements NOT on the web site or standard I-864 instructions.

I think it's a case of apples and oranges here on many posts- Trigg I believe was a "K" visa that filed I-485 Adjustment of status. CR-1 files a Affidavit Of Support fee and subsequently the form with NVC. For CR1 filings this practice is contrary to what is posted on TTLEE's link to USCIS. Note: It is NVC charging the fee.

$335.00 is the IV fee bill and gets you one each government issue DS-230. :rolleyes:

Thanks, It looks like the fee is still $65, and that is good.I for one don't need to wait for them to send me one. There is a guy on Visa Journey who has created an I-864 that you can fill out on your computer and then print it off. Since will soon be filing my 2004 taxes, I will be using them as one as one of the past three years, which will work out for me because I made more since 2002 than what I did in 2001

This is from ucis website.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm

Please review this page before downloading this form. It may contain important changes to the instructions for completing and filing the form. The form contained here is the latest printed version. Form changes cannot be made as quickly on the printed forms as they can on this website. Therefore, we are providing notices of changes through this page to assist you with the latest information. You may use the form provided here, but be sure to follow any special instructions listed on this page. Failure to follow these instructions may result in your application or petition being delayed or denied. You may also wish to read our General Instructions on forms.

You will need Acrobat Reader to view or print these forms in Portable Document Format (PDF).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Form:

I-864, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act

Instructions:

Purpose of Form: To show that an intending immigrant has adequate means of financial support and is not likely to become a public charge.

Number of Pages: 10

Edition Date: 11/05/01. 9/26/00, 1/21/98 also acceptable

Where to File: Give the completed affidavit of support with all required documentation to the sponsored immigrant for submission to either a Consular Officer with Form OF-230, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, or an Immigration Officer with Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

This form must be signed before a notary public or a Consular or Immigration Officer.

Filing Fee: None

Special Instructions:

All sponsors must submit the following documentation with their I-864:

Proof of current employment or self employment

Your individual Federal income tax returns for the most recent 3 tax years, or an explanation if fewer than 3 are submitted. Your W-2s or 1099 forms may also be required, see the I-864 instructions for details.

If you are using the income of persons in your household or dependents to qualify as a sponsor, you must also submit a separate Form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member, for each person whose income you will use.

Download:

I-864 (PDF, 160 KB)

Other Information:

2002 Poverty Guidelines

How Do I File an Affidavit of Support for a Relative?

State Department Information on the Affidavit of Support

Last Modified 08/18/2003

Thanks, It looks like the fee is still $65, and that is good.I for one don't need to wait for them to send me one.  There is a guy on Visa Journey who has created an I-864 that you can fill out on your computer and then print it off.  Since  will soon be filing my 2004 taxes, I will be using them as one as one of the past three years, which will work out for me because I made more since 2002 than what I did in 2001

Carl I recommend that you don't send it!

I am also on VJ BUT I JUST GOT MY I- 864 out of NVC. Do you have their cover sheet w/ bar code, checklist and the newer required info?