blizzard woes

After one false start and an extra day, I have arrived in the US, just here for a few weeks visiting family and friends. Of course the blizzard chose the one day I wanted to travel to swoop in and close all the airports in New England. After going to the Beijing airport and waiting around for hours, they finally sent us all home, only to come back the next day and wait around some more. I finally made it though, got my bagel fix in the car and gonna work on the pizza cravings tonight.

I took Air China since they do nonstop to New York and the flight was mostly Chinese citizens (could tell cause everyone was holding their red passports). So I spent the whole flight thinking how lucky they are that they get to go to America and how its not fair that my own husband can't come with me to meet my family or see where i grew up. I'm sure they all went through the same process at some point, but I just kept thinking "what did they do to get their visas??" I can't wait for the day when we can walk through immigration together. *sigh*

On top of that, most of my friends and family here don't seem to understand why my husband couldn't come with me. They are all surprised that I came alone, they just assumed he could automatically come with me now that we are married. Everyone is so ignorant, they think its all so simple. I know I am lucky that at least I can live together with him in Beijing, but its so unfair that he can't even see where I come from, no one here understands what thats like.

Guess I'm having a little reverse culture shock - its nice to have all of you to commiserate with.

*~Louisa~*

Well you getting closer to the day. What we have to go though most people in america would not do for each other, if everyone have to go through the long wait, the lonely days and nights apart, the headaches of red tape, There be a lot less marriages and a lot less divorces. Not many people would be willing to wait for those they love. Those that do have a closer relationship. (and there are a few that don't work but over all I think it worth the wait, just wish it was not long)

Robert

Eat a large pizza with everything on it for me (grumble on a diet)