My fiance and I are not sure where to get her police records. Would it be the PSB, or some other gov't department? If you know the chinese name, that would be extra helpful!

And should we consult the relevant department at the local (county) level, or go to the city her county is a part of?

Also, police records are needed for every place she has lived since she was 16. That would be her hometown, and Shenzhen. But she does not have a Shenzhen residence card, so I do not think they would have any police records of her here. Will that cause a problem, if she states she lives in SZ but doesn't have any police records to back it up?

Thanks a lot!

It isn't really polce records you want, it is the lack of them. My wife went to the local police station and got a statement saying she did not have a police record. Kinda simple--they look it up and find nothing and give you a certificate to verify. My guess is it will be the same for multiple cities. (everyplace she has lived for more than 6 months since 16 years old)