One more Visa in the bag

Thanks for the heads up for buying supplies in GUZ! :P  Was planning on getting these items there myself!

***DITTO: I finally found a relatively good place for supplies in Shanghai at the END of my last 4-1/2 months stay. A large source of our standard stationary items in one store is UNCOMMON- even large stores like Carrefour, Hualian and EMart. Trip no. two taught me ALSO TAKE AMERICAN SIZED COPY PAPER.***

We spent two days walking from the hotel to the upper end of Beijing Lu and back, through some very ineresting parts of GZ looking for a clear bag to consolidate all the paper. Narry a file folder. I finally found a clear plastic expanable file folder in the back of what appeared to be a school supply store. Yue missed it. I'm wondering... what is a guide good for? Just to keep you from getting run down by a taxi cab?

***This is an all day job for my wife AFTER me living there over 7 months total. What do you value more- your life or stationaries?***

Later we found clear plastic A5 size envelopes at the Community Store (two blocks along the canal from Victory). They are in the corner behind the cash register. We had to settle for the large clear bags from the photo shop to consolidate things. We then put those in the plastic laundry bag from the hotel. I told Yue to ditch the laundry bag if she had to, but they let her through with it.

***GZ seems VERY inconsisent on this issue (INSERT ALSO!)- plan for the worst. I had seen posts a few months back that anything over 1-2" to 1" folders in clear plastic ONLY was the "load limit". Lately several repeated posts have indicated S/O's taking 10-15 POUNDS of stuff in.***

CONGRADS to MIKE and YUE!

Also have added some comments about my personal stationaries observations to "quote" below. Edit: WHOOPS above.