The ID card (not DL)

I am also in Tx it was painless, however we had her SSN already, we also brought in her passport and translated birth record.

Exactly what we did. It is better to have the SSN first, according to the DPS person we talked to. They cross check the ID info with SSA when you apply for the ID.

Just a follow up. Got Mei's Texas ID in the mail yesterday. Looks exactly like a Texas DL It took about 2 weeks. It even has her signature IN CHINESE CHARACTERS! All we used was her passport and valid K-1 I-94 Timing is great since we are going to Vegas tomorrow on our honeymoon. Some things do work out.......Now where is her SS Card?

Just a follow up. Got Mei's Texas ID in the mail yesterday. Looks exactly like a Texas DL  It took about 2 weeks. It even has her signature  IN CHINESE CHARACTERS!  All we used was her passport and valid K-1 I-94 Timing is great since we are going to Vegas tomorrow on our honeymoon. Some things do work out.......Now where is her SS Card?

How long is it good for? Were any restrictions placed on it?

I'm just curious. My wife got her learner's permit in Sept. but instead of the 1 year time limit (i think), it will expire when her EAD expires. That will be in May, so they 'shorted' her by a few months.

Anyways, I'm glad to hear the news!......have fun!, "Viva Las Vegas"!......... :D

Back from Vegas....Boy was that weird. Mei doesn't speak English so I had to translate everything. It was a great time though!

Anyway to answer your questions. The Texas ID is good for 5 Years. It has no restrictions. It was the ONLY ID she showed for traveling to Vegas and back. We even got pulled aside for the random strict security search. No problems it worked GREAT....And her Social Security Number had arrived by mail while we were gone. Total time for SSN was about three weeks. She applied before we were married even though it meant a delay because she wasn't in the system.