Nicola's Grandparents are interviewing again today

Well as some of you know they failed last time without the VO even looking at their paperwork. We did a lot of work and preparation and although her grandparents are not rich they have enough ties to China including a house (Modest size), apartment, business (bakery, farm, grocery). None of these things even amount to much but they are enough to show strong ties and should at least be looked at! I will post our results.

Our lawyer faxed GZ earlier this week complaining that the VO didn't look at anything and had no right rejecting them without looking at facts. These people are not God and I'm going to fight for what's right. If this doesn't work i'm going to look at other options including going to the interview with them myself this March when we visit. I will keep everyone posted.

Best of luck this time around..:blink:

You know itis like night and day when it comes to those darn visa's.

Elizabeths paper work is smooth saling and I was worried way to much, but after the Bea visa... what else would you do when it comes to GZ?

Look us up on yahoo.. want to see Nicola's big belly!!! hehehe hang in there mom and dad just a few more days to go...................... :( <_<

Mark and Bea and Elizabeth

Sorry for the late reply! Again they failed. I will keep everyone updated on what steps we're going to try next. Our lawyer wants a list of their assets and ties to China and will try to call the Consulate herself. She's been our family lawyer and helped my parents become citizens from Iran and I trust her. Any other situation I would just think they are trying to waste our money. I'll keep trying and keep everyone updated on our progress! Good luck to everyone that is K1 and K3 visas.

Sorry for the late reply!  Again they failed.  I will keep everyone updated on what steps we're going to try next.  Our lawyer wants a list of their assets and ties to China and will try to call the Consulate herself.  She's been our family lawyer and helped my parents become citizens from Iran and I trust her.  Any other situation I would just think they are trying to waste our money.  I'll keep trying and keep everyone updated on our progress!  Good luck to everyone that is K1 and K3 visas.

Hello, I am really *sorry* to hear what has happened to your family at the interview.

I wish you the best of luck.

However, let me *strongly* urge you to try just having *one* of them apply for the visa, using the tie to china being the other one remaining behind. Then, in the future the other one can apply to visit. I know that it is not ideal. However, it may help you to at least improve your chances.

I wish you the best, and am so sorry that the system has not treated you fairly...

The first time they didn't even look at anything it was a one second interview they just walked up asked their income and Nicola's grandparents started off saying they get a retirement pension and that was it. They got rejected. They tried to tell them about their businesses they own and the lady waved them off.

This time they asked how many children they have (Answer was five) and who they are going to visit. Then the VO picked up a letter our lawyer wrote read it for a second and then said sorry no. Nicola's grandparents have prepared a list of assets but the VO didn't look at it. At least this time it was a 2 min interview! HAHA We're determined to get this visa for them. I'll let everyone know which way worked for us! It will take a while but we'll get it.

It really saddens me that they can be so heartless. I don't understand this attitude at all. It isn't as if they don't know where to find them if they overstay their visa. Obviously they aren't part of some gang being smuggled in for prostitution. What really ticks me off is when they won't even listen or look at any of the evidence you prepared and brought to show them. One would think that for 100 dollars you would get more than 2 minutes of their time. I once met the recently retired consul general from Chengdu and asked him about this very topic. He said that little old ladies are a big problem for them. They come over here and don't want to go home and end up on medicare and old age assistance. Now it seems to me if they end up on these social programs then someone in the government knows where to find them to send them back. If they don't end up on the dole then they aren't a burden to the tax payers are they. Their arguement just doesn't hold water. Unreasonable a$$ho$es anyway. Grrrr this makes me mad. Good luck next time around Nick. hopefully someone over there actually has a heart.

One would think that for 100 dollars you would get more than 2 minutes of their time.  

Maybe they haven't met their quota for the month?

Just kidding. Thanks for posting the issues. I have been thinking about trying to get "her" mother here for the wedding. Hmmmm....guess it is going to be difficult.

Third time's a charm? :P  Good Luck

As crazy as it sounds, this may be the case. I have heard stories about flat denials the first and second times almost as a matter of course in an effort to weed out the "intending immigrant" who eventually gives up trying for a tourist visa Of course, this is anecdotal, and I have nothing to base it on other than hearsay.

Maybe the third time will do the trick. Good luck.