Sending Video To China

Hi, Im on the verge of sending some Video's to China. Lynn's Dad is worried that the Foreign Devils :blink:are Starving her to death,or about to eat her. Well I have some DVDs and I would like to send the family one or two. Is it better to send DVD in Pal or just send a VCD or both. For those who are into Chinese Video formats Drop me a PM.

Thanks Friends. :D :blink:

I'm not sure about your recorded discs, but USA is zone 1 and China is zone 6. For the most part dvds from zone 1 will not play in zone 6 or visa versa. The only way that I know of around it is to buy a multi region or code free dvd player. The price range is about the same as a normal dvd player and the base models start at about $80 or so. The major eletronic stores like best buy or circut city do not carry them, they can be purchased on line and I'm sure they can be purchased in China as well. There might be another way around the zone thing but I'm not aware of it.

I'm not sure about your recorded discs, but USA is zone 1 and China is zone 6. For the most part dvds from zone 1 will not play in zone 6 or visa versa. The only way that I know of around it is to buy a multi region or code free dvd player. The price range is about the same as a normal dvd player and the base models start at about $80 or so. The major eletronic stores like best buy or circut city do not carry them, they can be purchased on line and I'm sure they can be purchased in China as well. There might be another way around the zone thing but I'm not aware of it.

I bought a low end dvd player at best buy for about 100 dollars that plays both chinese and american dvd and vcd