When should we get concerned??

Well, it's been 5 months since i submitted my AOS(came in as K1). Nothing has happened since i got my finger-printed 4 months ago. The online status has been the same--we'll send you a letter when there's a decision...Balahbalahhhhh...

My husband and i are wondering that when should we get concerned and try to get help from our congressman??I bet our case's still sitting waiting for its turn to get read on some dusty desk...:-(

Any suggestion??THanks a lot!!

Well, it's been 5 months since i submitted my AOS(came in as K1). Nothing has happened since i got my finger-printed 4 months ago. The online status has been the same--we'll send you a letter when there's a decision...Balahbalahhhhh...

My husband and i are wondering that when should we get concerned and try to get help from our congressman??I bet our case's still sitting waiting for its turn to get read on some dusty desk...:-(

Any suggestion??THanks a lot!!

I am sorry that your case is taking so long at the AOS stage. I really do not know much about it, except for the fact that it seems to be a function of *where* you live when you file for AOS.

However, given your *fast* timeline in Guangzhou, you really are **quite** fortunate. Those of us with only slightly later P3 dates have had to wait 5 months or more from p3 to p4. At least you two are living together!!! :D

Good Luck...

From the time we filed AOS until it was approved was 19 and a half months. That is added on to the 17 months it took to get the visa. A time line of a little better than three years from first NOA to green card.

Like others have said, the process for AOS is faster in some areas than others. If you are in the southeast, hang in there. :P

They update the processing dates once a month.Untill 3 days ago it was still showing "Oct. 15, 2003" so it looked like it was taking over 13 months. But the update on Dec. 17 is showing "March.15,2004" now. This looks much better even though they're still 9 months behind...

If there's no delay hopefully i can hear something from them next March. Crossing my fingers...

They update the processing dates once a month.Untill 3 days ago it was still showing "Oct. 15, 2003" so it looked like it was taking over 13 months. But the update on Dec. 17 is showing "March.15,2004" now. This looks much better even though they're still 9 months behind...

If there's no delay hopefully i can hear something from them next March. Crossing my fingers...

Call the National Service Center @ the 800# on your I-485 NOA. They should be able to tell you if you should have had a date by now or not. It depends on what office is processing your AOS.

I called in Nov and they said I should have heard. They initiated a inquiry with the Houston office. Last week I received the appointment letter.