Cordless Telephones

I'm preparing to return to Chengdu China 15 Dec. My fiancee Alice wishes to have a cordless home telephone brought from the US to Chengdu.

I have three questions.

1. Is the power source compatible from US to China? The one that I use in US is 110V. However, I'm not sure about China home wall outlets. I have seen 110V and also 220V.

2. Is the male jack end of the US telephone, compatible to female ends in China.

3. The telephone I'm looking at will have 5.8 Gigaherz. Will this effect Chinese communications or other radio frequency signals?

Thank you in advance

Several people I know here brought their phones from the US or Europe to China and they work- they just had to buy a SIM card for about 15 RMB. You can buy electricity convertors.

Phones in China are expensive but the service is super cheap- phones in the US are cheap but the service is expensive.

So it would be better to bring a phone from the US as long as you dont have any problems setting it up over here.

Are you talking about cordless phones or mobile phones?

If you are talking about cordless phones (and im guessing you are) then i definitely recommend buying a converter. I bought a cordless phone in the US and brought it here to shenzhen and it worked....for about 5 seconds. Then it burned out. I also had a converter, but I bought a really cheap one so that might be the reason.

I was upset as well given the VERY poor quality of cordless phones here. You can get good ones, but they are expensive. In general the quality of a cheap cordless phone in the US is better than a semi-expensive one in China.

That's my experience in Shenzhen anyway.

nate

Thanks to all for the information and fast response. It seems like a better idea to but here, and insure that I get a good converter for use in her home. Hopefully, I won't have the same experiences that "Shosetsuin" had.

Besides, I didn't really relish the thought of explaining to Alice why I couldn't or didn't bring a good quality cordless telephone to her. Most especially since we talk very frequently and at great length. She enjoys the thought of laying down on her bed and being comfortable while conversing with me. She is tired of just sitting on the couch talking.

Again, thank you