blue slip/information

Okay gang-

Here is the full explanation for the turndown as per my fiancee. I thought it would be useful to those of you with a K2 who are still waiting for interview. There is some new . really twisted request ..read on....

( The letter is verbatim ..I add my commentary )

My dear , how are you?

I am very sorry for the for my visa was refused today. My mood is very bad for this because I can't spend Christmas together with you in the U.S.A.. Very sorry for this. I will try to prepare the papers I lacked. I think your information is ok, the embassy only asked for your tax paper and the color copy of your passport...they didn't see the other papers and they didn't ask me too many questions. Then they give me three papers I have to renew. It's as following..

Please return with the following documents from your former spouse whom you claim is still in China.

1) Household register (what the f*** is this)?

2.) Photo of youe ex-spouse in China holding current newspaper ...then bring in the newspaper.. (this is bullshit)

3.) Letters from your work unit supervisor and your former spouse's work unit supervisor that describe your work, confirms you are divorced and no longer living together and confirms your current addreess. The letter must include your supervisors name and telephone number and name of the work unit. (What is all this about????????)

MY FIANCEE CONTINUES....

My dear, the second item is difficult to solve because I have no work and work unit..and my former spouse have not work on his work unit. So I have to go to the relational branch and apply for the certificate .

(What is relational branch???)

SHE GOES ON..

I think this should be no questions, please don't worry. I will hand in the information to embassy again on tuesday. I will try to do well. I really want to get together with you soon and spend our lives together. I love you vety much..your Ping

I am at a loss to understand the reason for all this extra stuff...she says she is going back to the embassy on Tuesday. If she takes the papers and proof they request will she get her visa...or do they interview all over again? Jeeeezus I'm pissed!!!

1) Household register  (what the f*** is this)?

3.) Letters from your work unit supervisor and your former spouse's work unit supervisor that describe your work, confirms you are divorced and no longer living together and confirms your current addreess. The letter must include your supervisors name and telephone number and name of the work unit. (What is all this about????????)

1. This is her HuKou (please see the long thread that I asked about changing the hukou for more information on this). It is a booklet which shows the proper location where she is legally registered to live. This should be really easy to get a hold of.

3. In China, especially in many of the non-eastern or non-south eastern cities, the work unit is still the primary unit for conveying legal status. If she is from a large enough city, the police in this city could likely grant you a document which would be sufficient to take care of this.

Good Luck!

Guest BouncingBohemian
Okay gang-

2.) Photo of youe ex-spouse in China holding current newspaper ...then bring in the newspaper..   (this is bullshit)

Wow, the stuff about the ex-husband is really weird. It sounds like they don't believe she is divorced! It sounds like they suspect fraud in the divorce certificate.

Good luck in her getting this resolved.

Alex,

It sounds like you're covered on Item #1 - the hukou. This is just an inconvenience, should be easy enough to get from the government office.

2.) Photo of youe ex-spouse in China holding current newspaper ...then bring in the newspaper

That is, quite ridiculous. I am trying to figure out what they are trying to prove with this.

Are you certain they didn't mean a picture of YOU and YOUR Significant Other together holding a current newspaper, and then bring in the newspaper. I have heard of that on rare occasion, when they don't believe the date on the photos you submitted as evidence of relationship(since of course you can set it to whatever you like). They usually make that request when they don't believe you've met within the past 2 years per requirement of the fiancee visa application.

But what would a photo of your SO and her ex-husband in China holding a newspaper prove? That he can afford to buy a newspaper? Also, what if they weren't on wonderful terms? That seems like an insane request ... are you certain this is what they are asking for?!

3.) Letters from your work unit supervisor and your former spouse's work unit supervisor that describe your work, confirms you are divorced and no longer living together and confirms your current addreess. The letter must include your supervisors name and telephone number and name of the work unit.

I know that you no longer have to get permission to get married from your employer in China anymore (please see this article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-paci...ic/3153582.stm)

I would assume that the same is true, you wouldn't need an employer's permission to get divorced.

By the way, are you K1 or K3?

I'm really sorry to hear about those unexpected obstacles, but I'm sure you will get it resolved, please let us know if we can help.

P.J.

Okay gang-

Here is the full explanation for the turndown as per my fiancee. .....

( The letter is verbatim ..I add  my commentary )

.....I will try to prepare the papers I lacked. I think your information is ok, the embassy only asked for your tax paper and the color copy of your passport...they didn't see the other papers and they didn't ask me too many questions. Then they give me three papers I have to renew. It's as following..

Please return with the following documents from your former spouse whom you claim is still in China.

1) Household register  (what the f*** is this)?

2.) Photo of youe ex-spouse in China holding current newspaper ...then bring in the newspaper..   (this is bullshit)

MY FIANCEE CONTINUES....

My dear, the second item is difficult to solve because I have no work and work unit..and my former spouse have not work on his work unit. So I have to go to the relational branch and apply for the certificate .

(What is relational branch???)

Alex, I'm still confused here. Where is the part about her ex-husband requiring to sign an approval letter for her daughter to leave China. I'm quite curious of the exact wording. Are you sure you are not getting this mixed up? I don't mean to sound condescending, but this is quite important to our case as well. I suspect that as 'BouncingBohemian' noted, and perhaps others, that the VO was suspicious of the divorce papers. Maybe they were not presented the way they normally get them or something else looked suspicious to them.

Finally, does her daughter already have a passport?

Also, it seems she said "the second item is difficult to solve because I have no work and work unit..and my former spouse have not work on his work unit."

Does she mean the third item?

Sorry for my confusion.

Thanks, jim

If I'm not mistaken, they're checking for a particular fraud method I've heard of before; where a Chinese couple has a sham divorce; he goes to the USA and waits for her.

They want his picture to make sure he's still in China. The consulate wants to make sure they're actually divorced and not trying to hook up in the US.

Additionaly, they want to make sure the 'divorced' couple isn't living together in China right now; thus the request for the residency document(s).

Just my recollection from previous readings.

I may talk to my legal eagle tomorrow..at this point I'm very happy I have legal representation. My so called the ex...he agreed to the photo/newspaper thing..while one may be able to "date" photos any way they like it is also true that my passport, entry/departure stamp dates and airline tickets with my name on them should corroborate I was in China on the claimed dates.

a color copy of your passport and a news paper with a picture and then her bosses approval? oh but wait! It's not even her's, she needs to get all of this from her ex?

I assume question #3 says her, but really means her ex. They want proof he is still working in China, not her. She needs to prove her ex's innocence to the embassy in order to get her visa. It's not that you or your fiancee did anything wrong at all. This is ALL about her ex-husband. That very unfair. Reassure your fiancee she did nothing wrong. She needs to have her ex call the embassy to check in with them.

Come on man, didn't you read that in the requirements? Can't you read english? You also forgot to tell her to bring her flaming hoola hoop with her. (or her ex's flaming hoola hoop.) I'm suprised they let her in without it.

The has to be one of the worst excuses for rejection. They can't run an ID check on him to prove he is still in China? One of the worst storys I can remember reading about was when they told the woman she had AIDs and couldn't immigrate because of it.

Geez! What can you do? Unfortunately, you have to pay the price for all those frauds out there. Shame.

The household registration card is sort of like a driver's license. Small credit card sized ID card with lamination on both sides, picture on the left, ID info on the right. How do they expect her to get that from her ex? That is just plain rotten to do to people. Why not ask for these material items before the interview? The interview should be all about the person to person meeting. Any requirements for forms and documentation should be all be completed before the interview is even scedualed. All expectations should be in writing. I'm miffed.

From your wife's e-mail I can see that english isn't the determining factor.

Curious how it would have turned out if you had arrived there at the interview with her? How much longer now?

Good luck.