FIT TO BE TIED

MY FIANCE CALLED JUST MINUTES AGO TELLING ME THE CONSULATE GAVE HER A BLUE SLIP. I'M NOT SURE WHY.

.BEST I COULD GATHER IS THEY WANTED A LETTER OF PERMISSION FOR HER DAUGHTER TO COME TO THE U.S. FROM THE EX-HUSBAND. SHE HAD OBTAINED SUCH A LETTER OVER SIX MONTHS AGO...PERHAPS THEY WANT ONE WITH A MORE CURRENT DATE? ANYWAY, I AM PISSED!

I ALSO UNDERSTAND THEY HAVE NOT YET TAKEN A LOOK AT MY PAPERWORK...APPARENTLY THE PERMISSION LETTER WAS THE FIRST THING THEY THOUGHT OF WHEN THEY SAW MY FIANCEES DAUGHTER WITH HER AT THE INTERVIEW. HAS ANYONE OUT THERE HAD A SIMILAR SITUATION.??

MY SO WAS ON THE VERGE OF TEARS...I TOLD HER THE BLUE SLIP IS MERELY A REQUEST FOR MORE INFORMATION, AND NOT A REJECTION. SHE IS TO GO BACK TO THE CONSULATE MONDAY WITH WHATEVER EXTRA CRAP THEY WANT.

HAS ANYONE OUT THERE BEEN THROUGH THIS SCENARIO?

Wow, I'm really sorry. These blue slips-- always seems to be something new... In this case, I'd say your first guess sounds reasonable. If it's more than 6 months old, that may be too old. Also, is the letter she got translated, notarized? Just brainstorming. I hope it's just a blip and you get the white slip on monday!

Sorry to hear about that Alex,

But this is one of those new ways that the blue slips are "morphing" unpredictably... but does seem that you have the situation under control on this one!!

Also sorry for those who have been in contact with me --- and I haven't responded...

Just too busy pulling everything together --- got a plane to catch --- Fri. am. Portland > Narita > Canton. Fei meets me (I hope!) then > Sanya (get her mind off of it!) > back to GZ for the interview (12-10), spend time with her family (all in town) > CAN > Narita > Portland....

... will try to check in from the coffeehouse --- down the street from the scene of the: "Stormed Consulate" ...

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

I know it's easy for me to say from the far side of what you are going through, but I really do feel your pain. Relax. The visa office has you by the short and curlies and you have to play the game by thier rules.

There is a very good chance that your wife was pre-selected to get the blue slip, and there is naught she could have done at the interview to turn that "lan" into a "bai".

The consulate is going to ask you to jump through hoops of fire wearing clothes soaked in kerosene. Then they are going to send you away and tell you that they'll get back to you when they feel like it. And then... your wife will get a letter telling her to come get her visa, And on that day you will feel about 10 feet tall and strong enough to take on a grizzly with your bare hands (please don't actually try to).

A blue slip is usually accompanied by a pink slip saying just what it is they want to see. If it is just some additional paper work all she needs to do is gather it up and return to the consulate the next morning and submit it. Then she will have to come back the next day to get the results. Tell her to be ready for another interview when she goes back for the results. If it is the fathers permission they want make sure that it is translated notary copy and that the child has an up to date passport.

good luck

We are also quite concerned about the K2 situation.

Does anyone know what the rules or requirements are? We have not found anything written about this. My SO has full custody and her son already has a passport which her ex-husband had to sign approval for, but that was a while ago. We have been led to believe up to this point that as long as he has a passport (which requires the natural father's approval), then there isn't anything else required.

Is there anyone who knows what the true requirements are for a K2?

Please help if you know anything about this or where we can get official information.

Thanks, jim and Ning

sorry to hear about the blue slip. hope it is resolved soon. i was in utter fear of that for 3 hours while she was in for her interview, playing out in my mind how i would deal with the incredible disappointment if it happened, but fortunately it didn't. hope to hear good news from you very soon.

Guest Long_strider

This is from the Web site for the American consulate in GZ

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho...u/iv/kvfaq.html

My visa application was denied. Where, when and how do I submit additional required documents?

You may come to the consulate to submit them. We will provide you a decision on your application the next afternoon. Please read the refusal sheet (blue sheet) for specific instructions. Re-payment of the visa processing fee is required if evidence to overcome a refusal is not made within one year of the date of last refusal; this fee will be collected for all cases in which the delay is not due to US Government processing.

Notarial marital status certificate. If divorced before, previous divorce certificates for each marriage are required.

If any child from previous marriage will also apply for visa, a divorce decree showing the child's custody is needed.

Notarial police certificates are required from each visa applicant aged 16 or over issued by his/her local municipal notary office where he/she has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year.

long_strider

MY FIANCE CALLED JUST MINUTES AGO TELLING ME THE CONSULATE GAVE HER A BLUE SLIP.  I'M NOT SURE WHY.

.BEST I COULD GATHER IS THEY WANTED A LETTER OF PERMISSION FOR HER DAUGHTER TO COME TO THE  U.S. FROM THE EX-HUSBAND. SHE HAD OBTAINED SUCH A LETTER OVER SIX MONTHS AGO...PERHAPS THEY WANT ONE WITH A MORE CURRENT DATE? ANYWAY, I AM PISSED!

I ALSO UNDERSTAND THEY HAVE NOT YET TAKEN A LOOK AT MY PAPERWORK...APPARENTLY THE PERMISSION LETTER WAS THE FIRST THING THEY THOUGHT OF WHEN THEY SAW MY FIANCEES DAUGHTER WITH HER AT THE INTERVIEW. HAS ANYONE OUT THERE HAD A SIMILAR SITUATION.??

MY SO WAS ON THE VERGE OF TEARS...I TOLD HER THE BLUE SLIP IS MERELY A REQUEST FOR MORE INFORMATION, AND NOT A REJECTION. SHE IS TO GO BACK TO THE CONSULATE MONDAY WITH WHATEVER EXTRA CRAP THEY WANT.

HAS ANYONE OUT THERE BEEN THROUGH THIS SCENARIO?

My wife and stepson who is 18 just got through there the same day your fiance did. The visa officer did not even look at her divorce papers to see if she had custody of the kid...

sorry to hear about the set back..

You would think they would ask if she had the papers with her...

Sorry to hear about that Alex,

But this is one of those new ways that the blue slips are "morphing" unpredictably... but does seem that you have the situation under control on this one!!

Also sorry for those who have been in contact with me --- and I haven't responded...

Just too busy pulling everything together --- got a plane to catch --- Fri. am. Portland > Narita > Canton.  Fei meets me  (I hope!)  then > Sanya (get her mind off of it!) > back to GZ for the interview (12-10), spend time with her family (all in town) > CAN > Narita > Portland.... 

... will try to check in from the coffeehouse ---  down the street from the scene of the: "Stormed Consulate" ...

Good Luck and hope to see two of you at the dinner..

George

Along the lines of dealing with a 'blue slip'.....

This is hypothetical, so please bear with me and don't read anything into the question. I want to try and keep this simple.

IF a fiancee` must return home to obtain additional documents how does she reschedule the interview?

Is a rescheduled interview even necessary?

If a scheduled interview is not necessary are there specific days and/or times to return to the consulate to submit the documents?

If I should make this a new post/thread let me know and I'll do it.

Mike,

Yes, to give them RFE documents they can just bring it back to the consulate. There are certain times, I think listed on the blue slip. You do not have to schedule another interview time.

It's been a while and I am trying to forget that nigghtmare but if my memory serves me well you can submit the overcome documents monday through thursday. You go early in the morning and tell the guard why you are there. He will instruct you as to which line to be in. You simply go inside and form another line then you get to cross over the street to the windows outside and submit the documents. Come back the next afternoon for the results but be prepared for another interview.

This is terrible. Does your fiancee have full custody of your child? If so then did the Consulate ask for proof. What if as one person stated, one to do if the father can pose a threat to your child or fiancee. How can your fiancee risk danger to herself or child? It would seem totally unreasonable for the Consulate to ask for a permission letter if your fiance has been awarded full custody. I think there are many cases in which this would be impossible. Example, what if the father fled so not to pay support.