Best way to get help from DOS

My petition was sent to Guangzhou from the NVC in October, but has not arrived yet... I learned this by sending the consulate an email.

But I noticed many postings where people called the DOS. I wasn't aware that they had a service line. How can I call them?

And on many timelines, people knew when their petitions arrived in Guangzhou, when it was in customs, and when it arrived at the consulate. Do they have tracking numbers? What is the best way to get some answers? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I have had hard times in my life, but this has been the most emotionally draining experience that I have ever faced. My fiance is depressed so often, because we have been apart for so long. And it's hell, because I can't do anything to make the situation better.... I'm stuck in a red tape bureaucratic nightmare. But it helps to read the postings on this board, and know that we are not alone in this struggle. Thanks.

Another piece of mind you can get is by tracking the mail NVC sent out on the day they told you they mailed your petition. Call DHL and ask for any waybill numbers they have for packages picked up from NVC at Manchester, NH going to the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou on your particular date.

With the waybill number, you can track the package. Sorry I can't be more specific. I haven't done this in a while. There is detailed info on this somewhere on this board.

-good luck

Hank,

I concur with you. This is one of the hardest experiences I have ever gone through. And the moment you think you are getting close, it is another and another delay.

DOS doesn't tell you much, because they don't know much. You will rapidly tire of the recorded "all operators are busy assisting other customers" line. E-mails to Guangzhou usually get you a standard answer, if you receive an answer at all. They even treat congressman this way!

But then shining moments come through like the last 8 CFL people that have received their interview appointments. It gives all of us encouragement. Try to keep the spirits up and distract yourself as much as possible. If you do otherwise, you will drive yourself crazy.

Mark

Hank, Welcome to CFL. There is a lot of good information and support offered here.

It usually takes a petition about four to six weeks to get from NVC to the US Consulate at Guangzhou(GZ). It gets stuck at the DHL/Customs facilities until it passes through customs. It is possible to estimate the tracking time by calling DHL. You will never know exactly when your specific package arrives. But if you attempt to track the packages that left NVC the same day as yours, then you will come pretty close to knowing how long yours might be taking.

Their is a link in the "Links and Resources" forum on exactly how to do this. You can also do a search by locating the search button at the top right side of your screen. You can search by using "DHL."

Here is one link that can help you. Good Luck!

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....7f9c6e640ab5487

:) Welcome Aboard Hank :D

Call NVC 1-603-334-0700, and you might have to call a few times to get in to the "on hold" queue, be ready to give them your GUZ number, if you have it, if not give them the case number from your I-129, her birthdate and name. They will give the date that they approved your petition and the date they shipped it out.

Then call DHL 1-800-225-5345 push the right buttons until you get a human. Tell them who you are and what your doing. If you get a rep that is uncooperative hang up and call back. Tell them you want the tracking numbers for ALL of the packages sent from the National Visa Center at Portsmouth New Hampshire zip 03801 to The Consulate General in Guangzhou China postal code 510133. There could be anywhere from three to eight packages.

Then go to the DHL web site and use the tracking system. Some of the packages might be Diplomatic pouches and clear quickly. I was told that our files originate out of Erlanger Kentucky, so look for that, and could weigh up to forty pounds. For what ever reason they sit in "Clearance Delay" for about a month and then are delivered to the consulate.

Give them a few days and email Guangzhou or call DOS 1-202-663 1225 get human give them your GUZ number and ask the status of your file.

If the NVC sent your file off about the end of October it either has been delivered or is ready to be, processing time seems to be averaging about forty five days from shipment from NVC to delivery of P-3

Good Luck

Hank,

I am about at the point you are, though i am behind you about a month. Just last week i figure out how to get a hold of NVC (thanks to CFL!!! :) ). I'll expand a little on what Gene said. Yes, you can call the 603-334-0700 number. Then 1 for English, then 2 for K visas or instead of 2 select 5 "to speak with a human". BUT, in either of these cases, they will either put you in the hold queue, OR in more likely (in my experience) they will tell you the lines are too busy and that you should call back later. This is exactly what you must do... keep calling back until you get in during a lull. You're best bet is first thing when they are open. I start tryin about 5 minutes before. They open at 730 AM EST, when doing this i got in after a couple tries, and was on hold for less than 5 minutes everytime.

I hope you will be able to get some of your questions answered from NVC.

Ryan

Hank,

I am about at the point you are, though i am behind you about a month. Just last week i figure out how to get a hold of NVC (thanks to CFL!!! :D ). I'll expand a little on what Gene said. Yes, you can call the 603-334-0700 number. Then 1 for English, then 2 for K visas or instead of 2 select 5 "to speak with a human". BUT, in either of these cases, they will either put you in the hold queue, OR in more likely (in my experience) they will tell you the lines are too busy and that you should call back later. This is exactly what you must do... keep calling back until you get in during a lull. You're best bet is first thing when they are open. I start tryin about 5 minutes before. They open at 730 AM EST, when doing this i got in after a couple tries, and was on hold for less than 5 minutes everytime.

I hope you will be able to get some of your questions answered from NVC.

Ryan

And don't go into the automated system. K Visas are not at NVC long enough to get entered.