Another rediculous denial

Do you know ANY of the other details of this case?

Is she saying that the letters being out of their envelopes was the ONLY reason for denial? Is that what it says on the blue slip?

I think people should hold their judgement until they have heard the whole story.

A lot of women are getting scared to death of this lady. On the other side of the coin, I heard that she passed one lady without even one question.

If you have any more details of this case, please post them!

There has been a lot of speculation that the decision is made before interveiw. I agree with that assessement and recently one member mentioned the VO was poorly concealing a white slip already filled out during his MM's interview. I also believe that the decision to deny my wifes initial interview was already made. Nothing else could explain the shortness of the interview and refusal of the VO to look at any of our evidence.

Here are more info from the lady's post:

Questions were asked:

1. what's ur fiance's address?

2. what's ur fiance's phone number?

3. why do u want to go US to get married?

4. How many times did ur fiance come back?

After that the letters were asked. After looking them, Pearl lady said

she couldn't trust interviewee because the letters are separate from the envlopes (the lady has intentionly put all the letters together and stapled them)

Then the bluelslip!

Ok, who is this Pearl woman? I would love to know, as it is the first time I have ever heard of her called this name.

So, go and look at the blue/pink slip. What does it specifically say?

And another HUGE QUESTION, I have been carefully analyzing the data that I have been able to find and can reach a semi-conclusion (it is statistically relevant -- but not yet statistically certain): People who meet over the internet before in person are much more likely to encounter this. Is this true? I would like to know of all of the times when this lady did this, and to see if the data continues to pan out (sorry, i do not yet have enough data on this to make it certain). If this is the case, then a new approach may be developed with how to deal with her.

I am sorry to hear about this case...

:ph34r:

Think about this if she took all the letters and stapled them together were they really sent by her GG in the US or did somebody else write them, to me this makes since I have heard Black Pearl is hard but also kind I would have to say she acted fairly if there were no envelopes present remember the nice postmark on them with the dates an location it is sent from.

I'm going to have to go along with the Idea that what is going on with the myserious "black Pearl" is not as bad as it seems. Aside from the fact that the damn process for these visas take way to long I will try to limit this post to the actual VO and interview process. Anyone who has been to China will tell you that fraud, piracy, and counerfeiting are rampant. I have been several times over the past year and a half and I have seen plenty of examples of these acts of artifice. Now, put yourself in the shoes of a VO who is surounded by this. For some people trying to obtain visas to the U.S., they will do whatever they can to make it through the interview. The VO's are then faced with the task of trying to determine who is really entering into this legally and who has other intentions. So it is not really the VO's fault that they may seem jaded or incompassionate. We as petitioners and applicants have to do the best we can to provide the best possible evidence we can.

Just a thought.

:)

I'm going to have to go along with the Idea that what is going on with the myserious "black Pearl" is not as bad as it seems. Aside from the fact that the damn process for these visas take way to long I will try to limit this post to the actual VO and interview process. Anyone who has been to China will tell you that fraud, piracy, and counerfeiting are rampant. I have been several times over the past year and a half and I have seen plenty of examples of these acts of artifice. Now, put yourself in the shoes of a VO who is surounded by this. For some people trying to obtain visas to the U.S., they will do whatever they can to make it through the interview.  The VO's are then faced with the task of trying to determine who is really entering into this legally and who has other intentions.  So it is not really the VO's fault that they may seem jaded or incompassionate. We as petitioners and applicants have to do the best we can to provide the best possible evidence we can.

Just a thought.

:)

I may heed credence to this assertion if they actually DID THEIR JOBS! You know, having the P3 sent out within 1 week of their arriving, and then the P4 scheduled within 1 week of the P3 being returned, and so the interview would occur always within 5 weeks of the application actually making it INTO CHINA (and not sitting in the hotel waiting for them to pick them up). Oh, and then they ALLOWED THE US CITIZEN to attend the interview, and they actually LOOKED AT ALL OF THE EVIDENCE THAT WE PRESENT TO THEM.

Then, they would be:

1. doing their jobs

2. would be doing their jobs the way that they do it currently in most EU nations (and other developed nations)

So, if **all** of the above were true, then I would be much more understanding that they smell fraud and really go after it.

However, since it is not the case, it really pisses me off! I do not even know this lady! I am not saying that it is all her. Clearly, the bosses somewhere, likely higher than the head of the consulate, starve them of money, resources, time, and other places in the nation to process these. I know, my own father is a civil servant (not in any related departments, thankfully!). However, this lady definitely has not been fair either. If she were, why not allow the USC to attend the interview? Why not look at all of the evidence brought (if it were fake, would it not just help you to back up your position more)? etc. etc. etc.

*sigh*

I really do feel for them in a way, even though they are not fair, because the civil servants are really squeezed by the politicians above them. So, in a way I feel anger, and in another, pity...

Does anyone else understand where I am coming with this? Does anyone have any recommendations of how I can get my mind off of this (given that I have little control, I really can not help to implement the changes that I talk about)? Thanks all!

LeLe

I have to agree....while I was there the first time trying to get Yunling a visitors visa, she was turned down..'for not showing close enough ties' to insure a return. Well...I am a kinda outspoken guy...so I went in and had a talk with the VO....pretty much gave him a hard time about it. Complained that if i could get her to mexico...she'd pretty much have a free ride...told him it seems that if someone applies often enough, (spend enough on applications) and the VO is in a good mood...then they would recive their visa...Told him....jokingly...'why don't we just cut to the quick, I'll write you a check for $1000.00....THAT ought to cover alllllllll the applications and interviews...and will DEFINITY put you in a good mood!'

finally.... asked..'OK, what can we do to prove she will come back?' Was told...travel to another country and return.... So after...talking to Yunling, she told me she had been to Singapore and back!! Welllllllllll...I was right back there the next week!!! Standing in front of the window...with the curtain drawn...waiting....curtain goes up..and who do I see? The same VO that i gave the hard time to. Told him about her travel and return...yada-yada-yada....he was really sympathetic...he was....we became not 'good' friends...but friends non-the-less. He told me of the RAMPANT fraud that goes on...people will try anything...literally anything and everything to get into the US.

They really do have their work cut out for them...figure the back log has pressure on them...gotta be some push from the top so to speak to TRY and get things done...But also trying to screen out the frauds...and in doing so...you can guarentee that some 'good' is going to go out with the 'bad. wheather it be by their gut instint or red flags...

and with so many...how much time do you really believe they can look at the pages of paperwork that is submitted...10 minutes? 15? and have to make a 'call' on that.

I figure they are trying to do their job...maybe the best they can....

If they should let one fraudulent through...sayyyyyyyy....a criminal with forged papers....sayyyyyyy....a terrorist...then WE would be screaming they not doing their job right...

They are damned if they do...and damned if they don't.