Help Fiancee got blue slip

Guest trvldog

Guest trvldog

Help

Nov 13th my fiancee had her interview. It was denied! for these reasons. What to do?

1) Letters, remittances slips, photos

2) Petitioners phone bills

3) Statement from petitioner

4) VHS Videotape of me Chinese speaking and writing

5) Notorized copy of passport pages and visa

The visa process has been long and troublesome. In particular, the long wait for the interview in Guangzhou. It has been nearly 2 years and this is too long. Fortunately, I am in China very often and we are not apart for too long a time.

Chen Feng Ying doesn’t speak English well yet. She speaks Sichaunhua and Putonghua. I can speak English and Putonghua. So Putonghua is the method by which we communicate. My Putonghua is fair and we have spent enough time together so communication is no problem. Talking on the phone is not a problem for us.

The requirement to tape 5 minutes of VHS video tape with me speaking Chinese is outrageous. No one uses VHS videotape anymore. I threw out my VHS recorder 3 years ago. So I supplied the consulate with a VCD disk showing me speaking Standard Chinese for approximately 3 minutes. That should be sufficient proof that I can speak Chinese.

The imposition of a requirement that I write Chinese characters is onerous an unfairly burdensome. I cannot write more than a few Chinese characters and can only recognize a few hundred simple ones. This is an unfair requirement an I urge the consulate to drop the requirement that I can write Chinese characters and a issue a visa to Chen Feng Ying so she may come to the USA so we may be married

I'll post the blue slips

Any thoughts?

trvldog: give them everything you have. Letters, copys of e-mail and phone records or a receipt from a phone card - anything and everything.

I'm assuming that the statement is just a statement of your intent to marry.

The notarized copy of passport and visa should be no problem.

As for the video tape, the requirement is that the two of you can communicate in any language. I heard about a Vietnamese girl who didn't speak any English marry an American guy who didn't speak any Vietnamese. But she got the visa because they both spoke Chinese! I believe there are places near the consulate where you can have a US standard NTSC VHS tape made. If you both can carry on a conversation in Putonghua for 5 minutes, it should be no problem. You just need to prove that you can communicate enough to have a valid relationship.

When you go back to present your additional evidence, you will get a different VO to hear your case.

Try not to worry and good luck!

OK, do not argue with them, they only want to know how you communicate with your fiance. i do not think your fiance can speak english well, is it right? you must show them everything which can prove your relationship.

I think what they asked for is fair and reasonable, if you cannot write chinese, then just tell them you cannot, and show them what you can afford.

1) Letters, remittances slips, photos...... should no problems for you to prepare, right?

2) Petitioners phone bills......if you did not use phone call then tell them how you communicate with her(voice,cam conversations via internet? this is popular,convenient,and cheap way to us right now.)

3) Statement from petitioner.......calm down and write it right now, in 30 minutes it can be done.

4) VHS Videotape of me Chinese speaking and writing......if now you are in China, i do not think it is difficult to find someplace to do this.

5) Notorized copy of passport pages and visa........ as you have been in china for few times, you should have the visas and passport.

You are in the last step. Everything will be ok my friend. calm down and do it one by one

I am sure after you do all of these, the visa to USA will be attached in your fiance`s passport.

Good luck!

Guest trvldog

Thanks for your help. I just hit the roof when I read that they want 5 uninterupted minutes of ME speaking Chinese. And also the request that I write Chinese...Which I can not, except maybe sign my Chinese name 50 times when I bought a house in China.... I'l just take a deep breath and try to give them what they want.

1) I have lots of photos. No emails, Mei doesn't use a computer. No letters because I can't read Chinese characters and she can't read English or even PinYin. Several airplane receipts of us traveling together.

2)No good phone records because I use prepaid phone cards to call her. It's really cheap. I have an internet log of purchasing 18 - $20 phone cards over the last few years. Will that help?

3)Statement form the petitioner is a history of our relationship. English is OK right? Any special hints on this. Maybe I'll post it.

4)Videotape - I guess next week when I go back to China I will go to GZ and get this done. Any suggestions to go where? What about videotaping both of us instead of just me bumbling in Putonghua like they asked

5) I have had 8 China visas 28 trips to China and had so many stamps I had to add pages to my passport, and need more now. How do you Notorize an entire passport?

If anyone wants to see the blue slip I have it in pdf file. My office emailed it to me since I am in the states for Thanksgiving. Can I post it anywhere?

Thanks again for letting me vent.....I REALLY feel bad for all of you separated from your loved one with all this foolishness.

TD

TD, You can get a VHS tape made of the two of you communicating at the Shamian hotel on the second floor, near the consulate. Seems like I read here on CFL that they charge around $60 usd.

On the notarized copy of your passport, make copies of each page and lablel them 1 of 14, 2 of 14, etc. take the copy to a notary and have them write a statement that this is an exact copy of your passport and then notarize it.

Best wishes in your overcoming this.

trvldog: If you have boarding passes of the airtravel you took together (particularly if it shows that you sat NEXT to each other) --- that plus supporting pictures IE: "We took the flight from Beijing to Xi'an ---here are the boarding passes, and here are the pictures we took in Xi'an" ---- if you can put that together in a "scrap book" then I think you have IRON CLAD PROOF ----

---- better in fact, than most of us: Look what it establishes: 1. That it is genuinely YOU and HER (airport security checks identities) 2. Place and time. The boarding passes have all that information. 3. Genuine Relationship: Obviously, no one is going to go to the huge expense of flying someone all over China, over an extended period of time just to circumvent K visa laws --- Good advice about the tape --- that is no problem, and no need to communicate in Mandarin

trvldog,

Relax a bit.

I think you will be just fine.

It sounds like you have had multiple trips to China (for business and pleasure). That will look very good for the consulate. And, if your Chinese is passable, that will look good too. You only have to speak a common language with your fiancee (Putonghua). There is no requirement for Manderine or any other dialect.

1) Make a video of the two of you talking. If you can prove that you communicate, then you don't need the writing. Get it converted to NTSC VHS (the US Standard)

2) Print out a few phone bills & E-Mails and pictures.

3) Rather than notarizing you passport, go to China and hand your fiancee the real thing and have her tell them that you are waiting outside.

4) Write a short letter... 1 page about how your love has grown over the last 2-3 years, and confirm that you still want to marry her. It can be handwritten or typed, but must have an original signature by you.

Relax..... you have what it takes, and you will be fine. All you have to do is prove that you have a valid relationship.

trvldog,

You are getting good information from everyone. You need to look at this in a very businesslike manner. From the Consulate's point of view, they want more evidence and supporting documentation that a bona-fide relationship exists. This is a topic that is discussed quite frequently on CFL.

The consulate wants to see evidence that you have been communicating with your fiancee on a regular basis. They want anything that can verify this, i.e. letters, cards, phone records, email records, instant messenger logs, personal visits.

Verification of a bona-fide relationship can be done by submitting receipts for gifts, engagement ring, airplane fares, hotels, restaurants, tourist sites, or anything which can show your interaction with each other.

Pictures of both of you together, especially holding hands or embracing each other help to verify a relationship. Pictures of you and her family are also helpful. Pictures in different citys and different times of year are helpful.

Remember, they are not looking for any one specific item or items to submit. They are looking for you to submit evidence that you can communicate with your fiancee, and that you have a bona-fide relationship beyond any reasonable doubt. Anything that can be done, to successfully accomplish this, is what you should do.

Good Luck! Don't worry! You only have one more hurdle to jump over and then you will be together with the one you love.

Guest Fionas_Fiance
Help

Nov 13th my fiancee had her interview. It was denied! for these reasons. What to do?

1) Letters, remittances slips, photos

2) Petitioners phone bills

3) Statement from petitioner

4) VHS Videotape of me Chinese speaking and writing

5) Notorized copy of passport pages and visa

They just want to verify relationship. I would get a VHS videotape of you and her communicating. I don't think it matters what language, EXCEPT that it is possible the CO asked your fiance "how do you communicate?" and she got nervous and said "he reads and writes Chinese." Or maybe the CO asked "does he read and write Chinese?" and she said "yes."

Happily, I don' t think it is material in a legal sense if she mistakenly said you read and write Chinese in her interview (note: I'm not a lawyer). I would just write a brief statement saying what language you do communicate in and provide a videotape of the two of you talking together.

I would very quickly subscribe to a service like www.onesuite.com that will record both the calling and callee phone number for you. Onesuite is only 2.4 cents a minute, and you can print out a calling log from their web site. If you can get a list of all the calling cards you have purchased, I would print that out too. If you can show the day a card was bought and the day a card was used up, that would be great - then you can calculate the average number of hours per day you spent talking to each other.

I concur that it is always better if you can fly over there and go to the Consulate with her to appeal, if possible.

Good luck!

EXCEPT that it is possible the CO asked your fiance "how do you communicate?" and she got nervous and said "he reads and writes Chinese." Or maybe the CO asked "does he read and write Chinese?" and she said "yes."

The Reading and Writing Chinese is a standard thing.

It is just a check box on the pink & blue slips. It actually doesn't have anything about the couple talking together, but that seems to be the "standard" thing that is turned in.

I think Mark (hypoclear) had posted a copy of Carl & Bing's pink & blue slips, he has changed the web link.

If anybody is willing to host the images, I can send my copies.

Here is a copy of Carl (WarpedandBored)'s thread.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....f=1&t=5047&st=0

Guest trvldog

Thanks so much everybody. Great advice. I will definately go with her for the followup visit. Does she need to reschedule or just show up with the additional infomation (and me)?

TD

Thanks so much everybody. Great advice.  I will definately go with her for the followup visit. Does she need to reschedule or just show up with the additional infomation (and me)?

TD

As I understand it, she needs to arrive early, but doesn't need an appointment. There is a special line for "overcome", or something like that. You will have to wait outside, but you can give her your passport to take in with her.

There is a GZ info session that is held either Tues or Thursday Afternoons. Someone else will have the exact times. But, relax, you should be fine if you can put together the proof that they asked for.

---- CK -----

The way I understand it is there is a line for people to submit additional evidence after they have received a blue slip. They will take the paperwork and review it that day and the next day you show up and they will tell you if the Vias is approved or they need further evidence.

I went to the Thursday session on my visit in September, and the official said they have to look at the evidence an d make a descision. But if they do not approve it you can resubmit again, with further evidence.

Dave