A few more months

I got home from work this morning, 06:00am Called My Honey Guohua, Before she and our daughter Jingping went to sleep. I just wanted to say Goodninght.. :P Guohua ask me to e-mail GZ today and ask about the P-4 paper work. I said "SURE! Sweet Heart, I'll do that." She's all happy and I know she has this big smile on her face. The reason for the smile?

She received the P-3 on the 27 Sept. that morning in the mail before she went to work and she mailed it back to the that afternoon on her lunch time. I get a reply today from GZ. It will be a few more months!!! :D

IT WILL BE A FEW MORE MONTHS!!!! :angry:

Mailed I-129f 01/03/04 to Laguna Niguel. Ca.

I-129f Receipt Notice 01/20/04

I-129f Approval Notice 07/17/04 good to 11/17/04

Sent to NVC for approval

NVC Approval dated 08/18/04

Sent to GZ

P-3 received and returned 09/27/04

E-mailed GZ today 11/15/04 Reply ( It will be a few more months!)

Rick

Believe Me! Use all the time you can to get things ready. My wife will be here Nov. 25 and I am going nuts! 3 weeks ago, I moved into a larger place and I still have boxes to unpack. I moved from a 1 BR to a 2 BR, so you can imagine how I need to go buy more furniture. My wife asked me to wait to buy this so she can help me. This week end, I am driving to my parents house to pick up a bed for my step daughter.

I feel like I did when I was sitting on the edge of my chair trying to find out why my wife did not receive her P3. (Some of you might remember the first one got lost in the mail). The reality is setting in that after 16 months, my wife will finally be here!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_1.gif

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_35.gif

Believe Me! Use all the time you can to get things ready. My wife will be here Nov. 25 and I am going nuts! 3 weeks ago, I moved into a larger place and I still have boxes to unpack.  I moved from a 1 BR to a 2 BR, so you can imagine how I need to go buy more furniture. My wife asked me to wait to buy this so she can help me. This week end, I am driving to my parents house to pick up a bed for my step daughter.

I feel like I did when I was sitting on the edge of my chair trying to find out why my wife did not receive her P3. (Some of you might remember the first one got lost in the mail). The reality is setting in that after 16 months, my wife will finally be here!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_1.gif

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_35.gif

You make an absolutely excellent point!

Although it is ideal to go and hunt for a place to live together, I am not sure if there will be enough time in my winter break schedule to do that if she does not come soon. I am given an opportunity to break my current lease at the end of January, or not until June, and it is quite small for the two of us.

I am sorry that the system is driving you to feel frustrated. If it makes you feel any better, I feel the same way.

However, at least your paperwork seems to be in order and this is a positive. I strongly recommend talking with each other to get as many things ready as possible now, such as the living situations mentioned here, language/cultural acculturation aspects, and building networks to help your SO to adjust once they come. Some of this can take a really long time (such as the current apartment hunting, or at least narrowing of the many places in the city that are still going to allow us to be flexible for when she arrives)...

Good Luck!!!!!

You are all Correct. I bought this house 3bedroom two bath last Novermber when I knew we would be together, All we had to do was file the paper work.

She has been sending things here in boxes now and I can see right now, Our home is going to have a very Chinese look to it. I don't mind at all.

Just leave the T.V. and the remote where I can find it.

Yup! :P The T.V and The remote. :rolleyes:

I have been slowing buying bedroom thing for our daughter and I am ready for them to come home!

I AM READY! :P REALLY READY :D

Rick

Any time you have now use it frantically to get the house ready. I can tell you from experience that there still won't be enough time. Every project you finish you will look around and see something else that just has to be done before she gets here. Put off any major changes like carpet for when she gets here since she will likely change it anyway. Of course when she is done you won't be able to find anything anymore but she will have it organized to suit her.

Any time you have now use it frantically to get the house ready.  I can tell you from experience that there still won't be enough time.   Every project you finish you will look around and see something else that just has to be done  before she gets here.   Put off any major changes like carpet for when she gets here since she will likely change it anyway.  Of course when she is done you won't be able to find anything anymore but she will have it organized to suit her.

Isn't that what "Home" is all about? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_1_129.gif

I know that in 8 days my wife will have the run of the house! I can't wait! It's time I had some good ol' culture added to my home. After all, this is her home too. If it wasn't for marring my wife, I would probably still be in a crowded, 1 BR apt. until, you know what, freezes over! I am very excited that my life is about to become crowded. I can only think about the good thoughts now. I know there will be bad days, but that will only be a scant few and far between. I have already told my wife that there are still many things I must do in the new place, but I left many things not completed because I want her to be part of any and everything I do.

I feel like a kid at Christmas with only 2 days to go and my eye is on that one huge wrapped package that has my name on it, just waiting to have the paper torn off! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_2_80.gif

I moved from a 1 BR to a 2 BR, so you can imagine how I need to go buy more furniture. My wife asked me to wait to buy this so she can help me. This week end, I am driving to my parents house to pick up a bed for my step daughter.

Listen to her. Listen well. Do not, under any circumstances try to anticipate your wife's tastes. :D

I assume you already have a bed. I'll bet you a dollar to a doughnut that she's want a new bed - maybe give your old one to your step-daughter. :(

Frank1538

:D Yes! I have a bed and I bought our daughter a bed and all that stuff.

I know she asked me for the beds measurments in Centermeters so she could buy new bedsreads and quilts and all kinds of things for our bed.

;) Quilts! I live in Phoenix... The coldest it gets here at night is 48 degrees in the dead of winter. She has me, She won't need any quilt.

But what ever makes her happy. :( I know will make me happy :P

She also wanted the measurment for all our windows. She is buying curtains to mail here with the bed stuff. I was going to replace this old carpet. But I had advice from you all here not to. She will want to choose her own. OK! I'm easy to get along with, Just point and say sit boy.

Ok dear! What ever you say!

Rick

Buy carpet. Ya, right. Start looking at wood flooring.  :huh:

My thoughts exactly.

I'm so glad my friend asked me to help him put in one of those laminated flooring systems. We made all the mistakes that we won't make on my floor. The only thing I don't like about his is each piece is three boards wide. The stuff I will buy is one board per piece. No funny looking seems that way.

HELL! :angry:

If the reply I got from Congressman Trent Franks office today is correct, And his office tells me they have their reply from the: U.S. Consulate Guangzhou - Congressional Team. ( Just A bunch of A** holes )

It will be 5 more months, Yes, all the back ground checks and preliminary work is completed. This estimate is based upon an immense backlog of visa cases and resource constraints at the consulate.

In other words, We are just to lazy and drunk to do a little extra work today, We here at the Consulate, Really don't care if the love ones are seperated for any lenth of time. That's not or concern. That bottle of rice wine and my new BMW needs to have more attention than two peple in love. I forgot to tell you,,,, I need to play with my self twice aday too.

And my back Massage can't be interuped for work.

There Now, You want to know the TRUTH!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: RICK

HELL!  :D

If the reply I got from Congressman Trent Franks office today is correct, And his office tells me they have their reply from  the: U.S. Consulate Guangzhou - Congressional Team. ( Just A bunch of A** holes )

It will be 5 more months, Yes, all the back ground checks and preliminary work is completed. This estimate is based upon an immense backlog of visa cases and resource constraints at the consulate.

In other words, We are just to lazy and drunk to do a little extra work today, We here at the Consulate, Really don't care if the love ones are seperated for any lenth of time. That's not or concern. That bottle of rice wine and my new BMW needs to have more attention than two peple in love. I forgot to tell you,,,, I need to play with my self twice aday too.

And my back Massage can't be interuped for work.

There Now, You want to know the TRUTH!!!

:D  :D  :D RICK

OOooooo, bitter bitter bitter :(

And deservidly. :angry:

When did you start the process? I hope it wasn't before March.