when to go get physical dec 27 interview

Guest jimcope

Guest jimcope

How does cui ying know what day to go to the hospital in guangzhou for her dec 27 interview. i know she needs to go down a few days early. can any one ansewer this for me.

thanks jim

Jim,

The 27th is a Monday, so have her check to see if they work weekends, and if they recognize Christmas as a holliday, cause that would be the saturday before your interview. You can pay extra for one day service at some of them, I think it normaly takes two or three days to get the results back.

I am not sure what city your fiancee currently lives in, but this could make a large difference. When the time comes, because of its local proximity, she will be taking her medical exam in Shanghai instead.

A fellow student with me has a parent who works at that medical center and has told me that they always so a very professional job. There are no tricks there with people asking for extra money to make sure the results are good, and the rate of mess-ups is really low.

I also have heard that Beijing and possibly other cities offer valid sites?

Or do people think that guangzhou is the best way to go?

Thanks!

Guest DragonFlower

Hi

Only certain places are acceptable(about 6 or 8).

I asked because my stepson is in Hubei.

He is 11 and will need to go somewhere for physical.

GZ gave me a list when i was there.

But I gave it to my wife.

As I recall ,most of the places were around Guangzhou.

long

Check the GIV-8(links and resources) it is a list all of the places that are acceptable, there is one in Shanghai, one in Beijing, one in Taishan, one in Fuzhou and the rest are in Guangzhou.

When my wife went for her interview Oct. 18th. She was able to get her physical on that Friday before. As it turned out, the bank gave her an outdated Visa application and the hospital caught it right away. She was then allowed to return the next day Saturday to complete the physical. I realize that Christmas is Dec. 26 this year, but the Chinese do not close up shops or hospitals because of it. Still it is and would be best to go early. You never know what could get in the way, no matter how simple or small of an ordeal it is.

Bryan

When you pay the Visa fee US government visa fee GZ will send you a list of banks this must be paid at this will be in your P4.. They/the bank will issue a reciept. The one they are talking about must have been outdated,This is the reciept you bring with you to the med exam. and will be enclosed in the brown evelope. In your P4 Package there shoud be a list of hospital/med centers that will do the exam and HAVE been approved by the consolate..I would follow their instruction/places THEY approve to the T.

My LaPao interview was on Monday too. She got down there(GZ) on the Tuesday before walked in to the Bank got her reciept and then went to the hospital for exam and picked up all her papers on Saturady ready to go on Monday.

A new directive from the Consulate says the medical exam for immigrant visa applicants must be done 4 days before the interview date. I received that notice last week.

As to when a medical exam may be obtained, my informants say mornings on Saturdays, but not afternoons on Saturdays and not on Sundays. That is in the Guangzhou area. I am not aware of what other places in China do.

A new directive from the Consulate says the medical exam for immigrant visa applicants must be done 4 days before the interview date. I received that notice last week.

As to when a medical exam may be obtained, my informants say mornings on Saturdays, but not afternoons on Saturdays and not on Sundays. That is in the Guangzhou area. I am not aware of what other places in China do.

OK, thanks for this information.

However, in our case (and in others here I am sure) the applicant is MUCH CLOSER to Shanghai or Beijing, and was hoping to get their checkup done at one of the approved places in these cities.

If this is to be done 4 days before the interview (although the regulations on the website and in the US Federal Register say 30 days), then how will it be possible for them to collect the data and get to Guangzhou (even if flying, never the less by train??)?

Thanks for your advice on this!

Lele:

I think it is just a matter of getting organized; picking up the medical report when it is finished and getting to GZ in time for the interview. Whoever is planning to obtain the medical exam in some location other than GZ should call the appropriate U.S. Consulate or the GZ consulate to see if the hospital is approved by the GZ Consulate visa unit and then check with the hospital to check their exam times and when you can obtain the medical report package.

Lele:

I think it is just a matter of getting organized; picking up the medical report when it is finished and getting to GZ in time for the interview. Whoever is planning to obtain the medical exam in some location other than GZ should call the appropriate U.S. Consulate or the GZ consulate to see if the hospital is approved by the GZ Consulate visa unit and then check with the hospital to check their exam times and when you can obtain the medical report package.

Thank you for your help.

In fact, this is one of the hospitals approved by the consulate (I believe, however we are still waiting, and waiting, and waiting, ..., for the p4 to arrive, but it is on their website as being an approved hospital).

Ideally, she could get it done in her city, which although a large city with hospitals up to par for its many korean and japanese workers and business people there, does not meet the us consulate's standard. The reason to choose shanghai is that it is closer than beijing and much closer than guangzhou. Additionally, the rate of corruption of people trying to swindle the petitioner out of money in exchange for a clean bill of health, when there already is a clean bill of health, is significantly reduced (Both she and I have read stories of this in GZ's medical units).

How long does the typical exam take to perform, and how long is it for the results to be returned?