I need help

Guest AGM

Hello........

I am a new to this Forum, and seeking help.

I mailed I-130 to BCIS-CSC on 9/7/04, and received I-797C on 9/17/04 (I-797C dated 9/10/04)

On I-797C, BCIS-CSC made three typo errors. #1. They typed "N" as my and my wife's middle name. I typed "nmi" as "no middle initial" #2. They typed a portion of my wife's name "q" as "g".

So, I wrote a letter regarding those typo error to be correctd and to have BCIS-CSC to issue a new I-797C to be filed with I-129F. However, as of yesterday, I have not receive any reaction form BCIS-CSC.

I just want to know that anyone had any experience like this.

And, my receipt number has WAC-xx-xxx-xxxxx number. I thought WAC stands for Texas center not California......I do not know why??????

Hi AGM,

Welcome to CFL!

You have a common issue that has also happened to me. You have done everything right buy writting your Service Center about the changes. You did not mention if you sent a copy of the I-797 along with your letter. Normaly it will take around 30 to 90 days before you may see any changes. You should get something telling you the changes have been made. But remember that a follow up call to your Service Center is also a good idea. Call the number at the bottom of the I-797, and they should be able to tell you if they received the letter. If not, you can make the changes on the phone.

Good Luck!

Bryan

Hi AGM,

Welcome to CFL!

You have a common issue that has also happened to me. You have done everything right buy writting your Service Center about the changes. You did not mention if you sent a copy of the I-797 along with your letter. Normaly it will take around 30 to 90 days before you may see any changes. You should get something telling you the changes have been made. But remember that a follow up call to your Service Center is also a good idea. Call the number at the bottom of the I-797, and they should be able to tell you if they received the letter. If not, you can make the changes on the phone.

Good Luck!

Bryan

Bryan

Thank you for the help !!!!!

I will call 800 number.

Do you happend to know why I have WAC number even I filed to California Center.

And. please tell me how to write my timeline for this Forum.

I'm not sure about the WAC, when you call USCIS they should be able to tell you.

As for posting your time line and other fun things, look up in the top of this page and you will see next to your name, "Your Control Panel". Click on this. This will take you to where you can manage your account. Look for "Edit Signature". This is where you will add all your time line information or anything else you wish to show everyone.

It's simple! Play around with it for a while until you get a feel for it. You can use the "Preview" button to see how it looks before you post it to the rest of the members to see.

Have Fun!

Bryan

AGM:

I think WAC refers to Western Area Center, this is what CSC was named some time ago. Same place though.

For example I filed my I-130 through Vermont Service Center (VSC) but my receipt number started with EAC (Eastern Area Center). Again, the same place.

As for name misspelling, my wife's name was misspelled on my I-797C also. I call the toll-free number (800-375-5283) on 09/24/04 and reported the name mispelling to the agent. She told me it would take VSC about one week to correct this.

Finally on 10/26/04, VSC sent a letter stating my wife's name misspelling has been corrected. I received this letter on Monday (11/01/04). This has taken a little over one month.

Mark

Hi there,

To help clear your confusion, the California Service Center is called WAC (Western Adjudication Center). Other service centers include: Lincoln, NE (LIN); Irving, TX (SRC); and St. Albans, VT (EAC).

I am sure you will get this error corrected, however, the CSC is the most bogged down center and tends to take longer than other centers.

good luck!

Tazsa

Guest jimcope

This happened to me it was easy to fix i can not remember if i filled out a form or just wrote them to solve it. with me my lawyer had cui ying name backwards. now if i write any one about this i always say huang is her last name.