yeeehaaaaa

Guest wei ting long

Guest wei ting long

just got off phone with dos after being on hold for 1 hr.

my wife's security check was cleared on 1/4 and ems letter sent out on1/6.

here's the timeline.

feb. 2001 submitted application to ins CA center

dec. 2001 approved

feb. 2002 received by NVC

may 30th received by GZ

first name check submitted in July

interview 11/12/2002

second name check submitted in dec.

sorry guys, can't remember exact dates because the whole process has taken so long for us.

don't think anyone one this board has waited longer than we have and hope none of you ever will...

just got off phone with dos after being on hold for 1 hr.

my wife's security check was cleared on 1/4 and ems letter sent out on1/6.

here's the timeline.

feb. 2001 submitted application to ins CA center

dec. 2001 approved

feb. 2002 received by NVC

may 30th received by GZ

first name check submitted in July

interview 11/12/2002

second name check submitted in dec.

sorry guys, can't remember exact dates because the whole process has taken so long for us.

don't think anyone one this board has waited longer than we have and hope none of you ever will...

Haha, Congratulations!!!

I want to see more and more. It is starting!!!

God bless,

LaoMao

Guest dan-ting

congrats, don't know what a cr1 but that makes 3 from here today. Hope it's the flood gates. Better book airline tickets fast before United hears and raises the price.

Dan

I'm glad to hear some good news, WTL.

My wife's visa is also a CR-1, and we got our 1st NOA in February 2001. The difference between the two cases is that my wife interviewd August 6th, and it appears that our case has not even been re-submitted. It seems like everything that could have possibly gone wrong HAS in fact gone wrong. Ooops, I better not say that..

-David

Guest wei ting long

cr1 is immigration visa for married couples. k-3 is giving wife special privilege to come to u.s. to wait for immigration visa process to be completed, just like k-1 gives fiance's visas to come here to marry. but cr-1 is an immigration visa while k-1 and k-3 are non-immigrant visas. once my wife gets here, she automatically gets greencard because we are applying for immigration. k-1 fiances must get married and apply for adjustment of status.

that's the short version i think......if anyone knows different, please correct me.

i would much appreciate the input...

Your situation and time line are very similar to ours. We are an IR-1. You submitted the application a month before us.

This is however not the first application that we have had in. GZ so throughly screwed up the first K visa application that I got moved to China and we got married. Our first application was in October 2000 and we are still waiting.