Called DOS 1/7/03, case cleared

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I called Dos twice this morning, First one said she could not find my fiancee's name in the computer,It really surprised me, this never happened before after i gave my case number to them. One hour late, I called again.

One lady told me my fiancee's case was approved and call back letter was sent out on 1/6.It really surprised me again.

If my fiancee received the letter I will post again.

Interview Date: 8/6

Good luck for every one who is waiting .

God bless all

Frank

I called Dos twice this morning, First one said she could not find my fiancee's name in the computer,It really surprised me, this never happened before after i gave my case number to them.  One hour late, I called again.

One lady told me my fiancee's case was approved and call back letter was sent out on 1/6.It really surprised me again.

God bless all

Frank

Congratulations!!! Frank.

Thank you for sharing your information!

God bless,

LaoMao

For all of the August folks whose name checks have passed, I am trying to figure out one thing:

Did anyone tell you earlier that your namecheck had been resubmitted?

I had called many times in the past and gotten no info, and today finally a visa operator (was it Sara?) told me that there was no record of my wife's namecheck having been resubmitted. Later I wrote to Clayton Hays, and he reassured me that the DOS was aware of "this problem" (didn't say specifically what problem, I believe he meant cases that had not been resubmitted, or early August cases) and took it seriously.

What I cannot figure out is whether they made a mistake in entering data, or if my case really has not been resubmitted. A lot of people have claimed that one needs to fax them, etc. etc. and request them to resubmit, but the evidence seems to indicate that this is either not necessary or does not work.

So again, my question is: Did you know before they told you the namecheck had cleared that your case had been resubmitted?

Thanks

Guest wei ting long

david, my answer to your question is "no". didn't know until today that it was resubmitted in december. i don't call dos much because it's so hard to get through, but i may have called them one other time in january and they did not tell me about the resubmission, only that it was submitted initially in july.

hope that helps.

David,

I am not in August interview group.

for my case, I have never asked for resending my namecheck request. But I do sent an e-mail to ask GZ to speed up my clearance and never had a reply.

But I have known from calling DOS, my case was first submitted July 11th, and last week, one lady in DOS told me my case was submitted on Nov.12. So resubmission has been done by GZ.

Frank is in August group, may have more info.

God bless

LaoMao

I called Dos twice this morning, First one said she could not find my fiancee's name in the computer,It really surprised me, this never happened before after i gave my case number to them.  One hour late, I called again.

God bless all

Frank

did they tell you when your name was resubmitted?