a letter to Harty from 001 JMs

Guest jennifer_lam

Guest jennifer_lam

We 001 JMs r planning to send a letter to Harty. We want GGs here to have a look and find out any grammar mistakes. We need GGs' help and suggestions. Anyone want to co-sign, pls let me know. my email is jennifer_lam@163.com.

here is the letter.

DEAR MS. HARTY,

We are all females whose interview date are on August, As you know applying visa is a long time procession, some of us even haven’t seen our beloved for more than one year, we missed each other badly, Endless waiting made us very despair and miserable, once we knew our beloved had an accident or sickness, the only thing we may do is to cry helpless, we care about and desire each other not only spiritually but also physically, we pray our love really could sustain such a long time test without being destroyed by any kind of attraction , because we haven’t chance to water the love together in reality at all, you know love need nutrition fertilized constantly. we believe you understand our feeling very well, we have been waiting for the moment of reuniting day by day till 5 months, we cannot make any plan for lift but waiting ,we despairingly pray this torture may finished as soon as possible.

We knew you and your staffs have improved a lot on issuing visa, many girls have got visa in time, but WHEN THE GROUP OF MOST UNFORTUNATE AUG. MAY GET IT?

We pray God let you notice our deep pain and do act in trying to solve our problem, we sincerely thank you for your kindly help.

With best regards

Signature. CASE NO., INTERVIEW DATE, CASE STYLE, BIRTHDATE, GG'SNAME,

YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ( it is up to you)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jennifer_lam
Jennifer, I pinned this so it will stay on top while you work through it. Way to GO!

-Don H

Don, thanks for pinning my post !

also need to say thank u to Janean who wrote such a touching letter. When I read "once we knew our beloved had an accident or sickness, the only thing we may do is to cry helpless". I feel the same and want to cry....

Jennifer,

I could make all sorts of changes in grammer and/or structure, but my advice is to use the letter the way it is written. Currently it sounds real and heartfelt. Nobody with any sense is going to expect you to compose a letter perfectly in a second language unless you have had considerable time living in the language to polish your skills.

What is most important is that it communicates your feelings effectively. Use it like it is. It will work better than something that one of us devises.

Jennifer, this letter is fantastic, it is soooo good!!!! It has so much heart in it. I agree with everyone else you should not re-write it at all. Please go ahead and send it as it is.

I would just make one correction of a spelling error, where you said "we cannot make any plan for lift but waiting" please change it to "we cannot make any plan for life but waiting" otherwise it is perfect. Very nice job Jennifer.

It would be too much trouble to gather the names of the GG's you were asking to co-sign. Also you would have to change the letter because you start out saying "We are all females....." You should keep the letter only for you ladies and it will be much, much stronger that way.

I would suggest you send it by fax if you can. This is what we have done. This way when it goes to the office in Washington it is ON PAPER. Anything I can do to help, just let me know.

- Robert Shelton

We 001 JMs r planning to send a letter to Harty. We want GGs here to have a look and find out any grammar mistakes. We need GGs' help and suggestions. Anyone want to co-sign, pls let me know. my email is jennifer_lam@163.com.

here is the letter.

DEAR MS. HARTY,

We are all females whose interview date are on August, As you know applying visa is a long time procession, some of us even haven’t seen our beloved  for more than one year, we missed each other badly, Endless waiting made us very despair and miserable, once we knew our beloved had an accident  or sickness, the only thing we may do is to cry helpless, we care about and desire each other not only spiritually but also physically, we pray our love really could sustain such a long time test without being destroyed by any kind of attraction , because we haven’t chance to water the love together in reality at all, you know love need nutrition fertilized constantly. we believe you understand our feeling very well, we have been waiting for the moment of reuniting day by day till 5 months, we cannot make any plan for lift  but waiting ,we despairingly pray this torture may finished as soon as possible.

We knew you and your staffs have improved a lot on issuing visa, many girls have got visa in time, but WHEN THE GROUP OF MOST UNFORTUNATE AUG. MAY GET IT?

We pray God let you notice our deep pain and do act in trying to solve our problem, we sincerely thank you for your kindly help.

With best regards

Signature.  CASE NO., INTERVIEW DATE, CASE STYLE, BIRTHDATE,  GG'SNAME,

YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ( it is up to you)

If you wish to use this you may. I think that it may have more of an effect if it was left alone and sent the way that it is, with grammar and punctuation mistakes as well. This will make it seem more from the heart and not processed as a polished stone. I have corrected some of the obvious punctuation and grammar errors that I could find in the document. I do not pretend to be an expert at the use of English, but compare the two and decide.

Humbly,

Philip & Ru Fang (Connie)

Elkhart, Indiana and GuangZhou

DEAR MS. HARTY,

We are all females whose interview dates were in August. As you know applying for a VISA is a long time process, some of us even haven’t seen our beloved for more than one year. We have missed each other terribly. The endless waiting makes us really despair and miserable. Once we knew our beloved had an accident or sickness, the only thing we may do is to cry, helplessly. We care about and desire each other not only spiritually but also physically. We pray our love really can sustain for such a long time without being destroyed by any kind of attrition. We haven’t had a chance to water the love together in reality at all. As you know love needs nutrition, fertilized constantly with love and tenderness. We believe you understand our feeling very well. We have been waiting for the moment of reuniting day by day for 5 months or more. We cannot make any plans for life, but to wait. We desperately pray this torture may be finished as soon as possible.

We know you and your staff have improved a lot on issuing VISAS. Many girls have got visa on time, but WHEN WILL THE GROUP OF THE MOST UNFORTUNATE AUGUST PETTITIONERS GET THEIRS?

We pray God will let you notice our deep pain and act in trying to solve our problem. We sincerely thank you for your kindly help.

With best regards