Well. well, well. Even the mighty US government must yield to mortals. This is absolutely wonderful news. It is damned unfortunate that you had to go through so much b/s, but everyone here at CF, including myself, is delighted that this phase of the process has ended.

Congratulations and best wishes to you both. Planning any spot the mixed couple contests in the near future? :lol:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago my wife picked up her visa...

And there was much rejoicing in the land.

Please excuse me while I prance around like a drunken sailor.

Prancing in this situation is quite acceptable. Way to go Moon. No one should have to go through as much BS as you did.

I have been hanging in there with you waiting and am so happy to hear this good news. I hope you two have a great life together despite the bureaucratic difficulties which I am so glad you were able to overcome. It looks like you managed to avoid having to buy lunch for any CFL members so far, maybe you and your wife can meet with some members sometime instead. It will be instructive to find out what you did about the slip sometime when you have time. Have a nice trip.

It looks like you managed to avoid having to buy lunch for any CFL members so far, maybe you and your wife can meet with some members sometime instead.  It will be instructive to find out what you did about the slip sometime when you have time.  Have a nice trip.

Yeah, considering I stand out in Guangzhou like a raisin in a pot of rice I'm suprised that I did not end up buying dinner for several couples.

Perhaps I should smile more when walking around at night. :greenblob:

My polite letters with pictures sent via DHL ($30 each!) to the Consul General might have helped, or perhaps they just finally got around to our file in the "hold" stack.

It's frustrating not knowing what you did right, or wrong, especially when they have decided beforehand what color slip you will get.

(remind your wives/husbands to hide the slip, no matter what the color is, when they leave the consulate!!)