Wow...maybe there has hope for this year after all. It is not the usual Nov-Dec standard letter. Yaya even got a reply to her email that said the same thing (they have never replied to her in the past). And they replied to both of us within 1 day! Amazing.

"Dear petitioner,

Thanks for your email. We regret your frustration with this situation. We

will be scheduling Ms. Du for an interview shortly. An appointment packet

will be sent to her once a date is set.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter."

Neal, I'm sure you will spend Christmas with your Yaya. I'm beginning to understand better the frustration you must have experienced through all this past months, our name check is still pending after 98 days, and even though I'm happy for all of you who are receiving interview dates, my heart is completely broken and my usual optimism is out of sight. :angel: I contacted my congressman and keep hoping and praying for some good news soon.

Great news that you got SOME response Neil ~!

But, sorry to say, Neil and Yaya.....

..... if this doesn't get resolved soon, it seems that you may have to be in the running for title of the new "poster children" for the Candle.... (can't forget MoonCarol though either...) The position was last held by LMark...

The only benefit is that as "poster children" we REALLY extend our sincere hopes for your success!

And Mari, if there is not another batch of p-4s next week -- one of which you can catch --- then we will join that difficult position on the siding as others speed by in the process... nothing like the poster children, but yes, it still hurts....

---Kim

Neal, I'm sure you will spend Christmas with your Yaya.  I'm beginning to understand better the frustration you must have experienced through all this past months, our name check is still pending after 98 days, and even though I'm happy for all of you who are receiving interview dates, my heart is completely broken and my usual optimism is out of sight. :D I contacted my congressman and keep hoping and praying for some good news soon.

Keep harassing your Congressman & Senator. Likely, they will not do anything until 6 months. But mine called the FBI after only 5 months...and the name check was the very next week. They CAN do something for you, if you can just get them to act. :D

Neal, did you ever knew from your congressman what made your name check be delayed for so long?

Mari,

No, they would never tell you what made it so long for your name check! Our name check took 10 months!!!! We sought for help from anyone we could thought of or CFL friends told us, but still the name check lasted 10 months! We like to know why it took so long, but it seemed we will never get the answer.

Just do something and it may help to push your case forward, who knows, it is better doing it while we are waiting.

I hope everyone is lucky to get the P4 earlier.

To Nail and Yaya,

I also hope you two get P4 soon. I saw many 001 friends got their interview dates in Nov. Yours will follow theirs.

I was doing a little research and visiting some websites looking for some information on immigration stuff and ran across some pages with other people having problems and issues too. I think you might find it interesting that you can request a copy of your name/background check. It has something to do with the freedom of information act and the government is required to release a copy of the information. It won't speed anything up, but atleast you can know what the hell they were looking at for 10 months. yeeesh! :D

:angry: