Received some word on P4 !!!

I am adding to the list of people out there waiting for an interview date. GZ did not respond to 2 emails I sent to them in august and septemeber. This week, I called DOS two times. The first call, I got dissconnect after a 10 minute wait. The second phone call to them I waited 30 minutes and finally hung up from dispair. Finally I email GZ yesterday morning and got a reply from them this morning! So it does appear the wheels of progress is finally starting to turn for some of us. :D

Here is GZ email reponse to my inquiry this week:

"Dear petitioner,

Thanks for your email. We have not scheduled Ms. Chen for an interview yet,

as our current appointment schedule has been full for the coming two months.

You have our assurance that we will schedule her as soon as possible. An

appointment packet will be sent to her once a date is set.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter."

The rest of their email was typical boiler plate.

My fiancee's daughter will turn 16 years old on 24th of December. Does anyone out there know if there will be additional forms or information GZ would need from us if her interview date is sceduled after her daughter's 16th birthday?

Russ Canter - Ciincinnati Chen Bin - Beijing

My fiancee's daughter will turn 16 years old on 24th of December.  Does anyone out there know if  there will be additional forms or information  GZ would need from us if her interview date is sceduled after her daughter's 16th birthday?

Hi Russ,

I'm by no means an expert in the area of K2, but from what I have read, as long as she is under 21, you fiancee's daughter should have no problems.

My fiancee's daughter will turn 16 years old on 24th of December.  Does anyone out there know if  there will be additional forms or information  GZ would need from us if her interview date is sceduled after her daughter's 16th birthday?

For some reason, I don't think age 16 is a significant date. Hopefully, your fiancee's daughter was listed on the I-129F, and Part I of the DS-230 was prepared and filed for her as part of the P3 paperwork.

As a general rule, whatever forms/fees/medical exams, etc. you have for your fiancee, you will have to duplicate for her child if she is to come to the US on a K-2 visa.

I think it reads: if they have lived in the city for more then 6 months after turning 16. my son also also turned 16 Sept. I am sure it will be 6 months before we get the interview so I told my wife that when she gets an interview date just go to the police station and get it for him and hers will have expired to so she can get hers renewed again while there.

This is good news that GZ is at least claiming that they have 2 months of interviews scheduled!!

But if that is the case, then why hasn't anyone been given a December interview date?

All this second guessing gives me a headache!!! :angel:

maybe they meant october and november, steve. i hope so!

Ahh, yess, Oct and Nov. - - seem to have gotten a bit ahead of myself!

It will be interesting to see from the first batch of Oct. interviews, how many of the windows were open for business and processing visas . . .

Late Oct. interviewees!!

This is your assignment, should you choose to accept it!

How many windows actually have a VO conducting interviews??

Hi cosmiclobster. I sent my I-129 in 11-24-03 and the way everyone else's timeline looks it seems that I should expect an appointment for my fiance' between november and january. The waiting really bites but I think it say's alot as to how strong the relationship will be. If two people really love each other and can wait a year or two to before they can wed and live together in the U.S. then it says alot about how the rest of the relationship will endure through the years. Good luck. <_<

I am adding to the list of people out there waiting for an interview date.  GZ did not respond to 2 emails I sent to them  in august and septemeber.   This week, I called DOS two times. The first call,  I got dissconnect after a 10 minute wait. The second phone call to them I waited  30 minutes and finally hung  up from dispair.  Finally I email GZ yesterday morning and got a reply from them this morning!  So it does appear the wheels of progress is finally starting to turn for some of us.  <_<

Here is GZ email reponse to my inquiry this week:

"Dear petitioner,

Thanks for your email.  We have not scheduled Ms. Chen for an interview yet,

as our current appointment schedule has been full for the coming two months.

You have our assurance that we will schedule her as soon as possible.  An

appointment packet will be sent to her once a date is set.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter."

The rest of their email was typical boiler plate.  

My fiancee's daughter will turn 16 years old on 24th of December.  Does anyone out there know if  there will be additional forms or information  GZ would need from us if her interview date is sceduled after her daughter's 16th birthday?

Russ  Canter - Ciincinnati   Chen Bin  -  Beijing

Hi Russ,

Glade to see that your wife will soon be with us. As for the daughter, you shouldn't have any problems with the police certificate being she is just turning 16, as far as the medical goes, she will still need to go through the physical (my 13 y.o. step daughter just had to with her mother today) but in addition, she will also need the X-Rays. (children under 16 do not need the X-Ray). From what I have read the cost will be minimal for the certs and the X-Ray.

Good Luck!

Thanks all for your input on this matter. My fiancee is concerned about an additional 1 to 3 month wait for them to review her daughter's police certificate. At this point I have advised her if we don't get an interview date before 24th of December (her daughter's birthday), then we should proceed to get the police certificate and bring with it with them to the interview at gz. Hopefully we will not be required to take an additional trip to gz 1 to 3 months later. That would be a real bummer :( Unless we find a better way, this is our plan.

Thanks Tony for your support. Vivian and I are so happy to hear the great news for you and Quan. <_< :redblob: