Best way from Guangzhou airport to city center?

Ur very welcome. :o Anyone who's coming to GZ just let me know, I'm always ready to help. :ph34r:

Jim have a safe trip and good luck with the interview.

Ur very welcome. :D Anyone who's coming to GZ just let me know, I'm always ready to help. :blink:

I do have a question for any Guangzhou expert.

My p4 is months off as she has yet to receive P3, so I will be visiting her in November. I remember everyone thinking it might helpful to register your trip to China with the US Embassy. I have an eight hour layover in Guangzhou before the flight out to Nanning. This should give me plenty of time to get to the US Embassy and register, except that my flight through Guangzhou is on Sunday. I suspect the US Embassy is closed on Sunday?

I did notice that you can register online with the US State Department. They are supose to send the information to the appropriate embassy.

Is it better to register in person? and if so, can you register your trip in person on Sunday?

Thanks,

Michael

Is it better to register in person? and if so, can you register your trip in person on Sunday?

I assume it will be better to register in person. The consulate closes on Saturdays and Sundays unfortunately. When Cory was in GZ last month we dropped by the American Consulate when I was showing him around GZ. The gate of the consulate was locked and it was quiet.

Thanks everybody for the well wishes, I wish all of us can be going to GZ now!! Haha, except for the happy couples who have already been there.

Wow, I can't beleive I'll be leaving in less than 24 hours now, to be finally reunited with the love of my life!!! And holy cow, I still have so many last-minute things to do :o Cleaning mostly! I've been cleaning for the past few days (nearly non-stop), but I still have so much more to do. Orange stains on my hands? "Honey, that's carpet shampoo from the steam cleaner!" :lol: Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning ... how can dust bunnies jump up on top of refrigerators?!?! I'll probably get no sleep tonight. Oh, I have a bunch of shopping to do too, brand new bed-sheets, comforter, towels, all that fun stuff ;)

Thanks for the good luck all, my honey could use it for the interview, but yes, I think we are both overprepared and we should everything in order, and then some.

I'll do an interview report when WE get back, bye for now everybody!!!

:angel:

Ur very welcome. :o Anyone who's coming to GZ just let me know, I'm always ready to help. :angel:

Jim have a safe trip and good luck with the interview.

Ur very welcome. ;) Anyone who's coming to GZ just let me know, I'm always ready to help. :lol:

I do have a question for any Guangzhou expert.

My p4 is months off as she has yet to receive P3, so I will be visiting her in November. I remember everyone thinking it might helpful to register your trip to China with the US Embassy. I have an eight hour layover in Guangzhou before the flight out to Nanning. This should give me plenty of time to get to the US Embassy and register, except that my flight through Guangzhou is on Sunday. I suspect the US Embassy is closed on Sunday?

I did notice that you can register online with the US State Department. They are supose to send the information to the appropriate embassy.

Thanks,

Michael

Probably not worth the effort to register since you will be going through on a sunday. I suspect they know exactly how many times you have been there at interview anyway. Just include lots of photos and ticket stubs etc with her evidence folder. Being there at interview is what packs the punch.