Waiting for theP4

Sent I-129F K-1 to Texas Service Center. Received it on may 25 2004.

Texas Service Center Approved I-129F K-1 Jul 26 2004.

NVC received Approved Pettion Aug 5

NVC security check cleared Aug 16, & sent the same day to Guangzhou, China US Embassy.

Arrivedin GUZ customs Aug 19 & then cleared customs & Delivered to US Embassy Sep 14.

Fiancée recieved P3 packet Sep 21 returned P3 packet to GUZ Sep 23.

waiting for P4..............??

;*O)

I Wonder how many more months untill she gets the P4??

Hi Drew, looks like we're pretty similar with our dates, and now we begin the next possibly longest phase of this process. From watching the dates for months, my best guess is interview next april. Kind of depressing as winter approaches after an already long wait and now have to hope for spring to approach before any chance on the visa. But time seems to keep marching forward...

Good luck!

Rick

K-1 Status

I-129F Sent.........03/20/2004

I-129F Arrived......03/22/2004

NOA1................03/24/2004

NOA2................07/07/2004

NVC Arrival.........07/16/2004

NVC Approval........08/16/2004

K1 Arrives GZ.......08/18/2004

K1 Clears Customs...09/13/2004

K1 at US Embassy....09/14/2004

P3 Received.........09/22/2004

P3 Mailed out.......09/23/2004

p4 Received.........

Interview Date......

We have been waiting for our P4 for a while as well. I can hardly remember the excitement of sending in the P3 thinking another couple months and she would be with me. That was five months ago, and today I really have no expectation of recieving a P4 in the next 2 months. I guess we'll see - what can you do but wait.....and wait..

Jeff

Not sure if everyone waiting for P4 knows about this or not. You can call DOS (get the number from the links section) give them your GUZ# and ask them if you have finished backround checks. From what I understand, if you have not finished backround checks you just call them back the following week or so. If you have finished then you are just waiting for GZ to schedule you an interview. that's the time you start bugging GZ to schedule you because they can! Email and fax them every week or so reminding them your backround checks are done and you want to know when your interview is. Bugging them before this process is a waste of time. That's my understanding of it.

Here I have a quesion, what is the bottom line for P4?

I've seen some people here waited for about 1 year and one girl that I know has been waiting for her P4 more than a year.

Now, is there anything we can do about it other then waiting?

I mean, there gonna be a deadline and we know there is something wrong so we can at least try to fix it.

I have always used one year, give or take a month, as a guage for the entire process.  For some reason, if things are fast on the US side, they get slow on the GZ side and vice versa.

I just happened to came accroce a thread in 001 that 1 girl has her whole prccess done in half a year.

No kidding! She said she started her appication in March last year and got her VISA in Sep. last year! Now, things could be a lot different which I understand but what makes GZ doubled waiting time? Can figure stuff be concerned as the "crimial" for this whole situation?

Hi Drew

We are also in the same time line ballpark. You do need to call DOS and ask if your 2nd name check is completed. 202-663-1225.

Hopefully, with the new VO's that they say they have hired, the current backlog will start to zip through. The P3 to P4 process used to take 1 or 2 months, now it is 4 to 6+ months. They know it is an increasing problem and someone who attended the Info session said they did hire new new VO's. I'm hoping/guessing that the most recent absence of P4's is because of the training/reorganizing of the new employees. I think we will see a doubling of P4's being issued very soon.

Good luck to all!!!

We have been waiting for our P4 for a while as well.  I can hardly remember the excitement of sending in the P3 thinking another couple months and she would be with me.  That was five months ago, and today I really have no expectation of recieving a P4 in the next 2 months.  I guess we'll see - what can you do but wait.....and wait..

Jeff

jeff, your dates are almost exactly the same as ours. let's hope it happens for us this week.

steve

jeff, they sent me an email! it arrived an hour ago. what a relief. finally.

anyway, it was a response to my email this morning, begging and pleading for info.

yours has to be scheduled already, too. i know you're going to call them and email them, and i'll be hoping you get the same wonderful news that we just got.

good luck to you, jeff and jade.