Better Guess on # of applications

I had the formula for MOS and GUZ numbers down earlier. Now I am trying to remember them from memory.

I think it was:

LIN/WAC/CSC numbers:

The middle 3 digits are the number of working days since the beginning of the 4th quarter (October 1)

MSC numbers:

I believe the middle 3 digits were the number of calendar days since the beginning of the 4th quarter (October 1).

MOS/GUZ numbers....

These are assigned shortly after your case gets to NVC.

Take the middle 3 digits, MOD 500 (subtract 500 if above 500).

This was the number of days since the beginning of the year.

Anyway, it has been 6 months since I have thought about this, but I think it was correct.

Now, some of these could also be estimates. I think someone suggested that it could be calcuated on 30 day months or something.

---- Clifford -----

Our GUZ number for reference, 2004634***

Who gives/indicates the GUZ number? NVC for K1?

Craig,

If you applied for the visa in the USA, then the GUZ number is assigned at the NVC in the USA. You are past that stage now, but is is generally helpful to get the GUZ number from the NVC.

I believe that numbers greater than 500 (for the middle 3 digits) are assigned at NVC. Numbers less than 500 may be reserved for direct consular filing in China.

In your case, you have 634. So,

634 - 500 = 134.

134 div 30 = 4.5 Since you don't count the first month, that puts the number being assigned sometime in mid-May (which you expected).

----- Clifford ----